I had a bad night saturday...

by megsmomma 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Megs are you sure you have no chance of winning custody? In California the biological parents keep rights and can fight for them. Especially with these types of circumstances. It may be worth speaking confidentially to a family law attorney just to make sure. If not custody then maybe regular visitation rights?

I'm so glad that you have made it so far. Try not to look back at what you coulda or shoulda...it will only tear you down.

You did the best that you could, period. Forgive yourself and look ahead.

You are a true survivor.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Actually, my head has been spinning over this the past few minutes.

My daughter need braces. Her dad cannot afford it.(Works for his J-dub family with crappy insurance) My husband has great insurance and we would be (more than) willing to pay for them as long as we can get her on our insurance. That may be the way in for this to happen. I don't want to "take her" from them....I just want to know they can't "take her" from me.

• Synergy
    Synergy

I will pray for you to be able to have her jointly as well. She needs you and deserves you. My children need their father and me and we divide time equally. She deserves for you to try to get joint custody. I think you can. My prayers are with all of you.

Hugs from a fellow Mommy

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Thanks Kate and Synergy :)))))

Our daughter have similar names synergy.....My daughters name is Shaley. I asked her if she liked it when she was 4...She said "no", so I asked what she wished it was...and she said "Princess Aurora"..LOL...I said I would askagain when she is older :)

• anewme
    anewme

Megsmomma, this is the beginning of new hope for you and your daughter! What comfort to know that others have gone through similar pain and the outcome was joyful!

Remember, you will always be her mother. No one can take that away from you. Reclaim your position with your daughter. Keep making progress and yes, pray for the happy day to come!

Anewme

• fifi40
    fifi40

Hi megsmomma

About 4 years ago, and since I have been d/fed, an old witness friend of mine became pregnant. After the birth of her little boy she suffered with severe Post Natal depression, but nobody picked up on it until it was to late and she killed herself. I was devastated, she was a truly lovely person and the loss of her life was terribly sad.

I am just glad for you, that you are still here and able to enjoy a relationship with your daughter, even if it is somewhat restricted at the moment. Keep up the fight to have more contact with her and to be there for her as she grows.

Wishing you all the best

Fifi

• free2think
    free2think

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((megsmomma)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. My mum too blames herself for staying in so long and bringing us up as dubs. But they are the ones to blame not us. I think your daughter is really blessed to have you in her life. She has a great rational thinking person to relie on and turn to for impartial adice, love and comfort when she really needs it.

hugs

free2think

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Thinking of you, megsmomma. Hope your day is looking more hopeful today.

It's nice to know you can find a community of people here to offer advice, similar experiences and support.

Good Girl or Bad Girl

• Es
    Es

Oh babe, I cant imagine what that is like, Blakes dad and I do share care with Blake, 7 days on and 7 days off. Im lucky in the sense that blakes dad is D\F and hates the religion as much perhaps more than I do, so i know Blake will never have to deal with it.

Is there a way you can talk to your daughter and explain things to her it might help??

Im here if you need me

es

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

All of you wemon are so kind, Thanks for all the thoughts and caring.I am very appreciative to be know I can vent here.....and get good advise from people who don't judge me and understand why it is so hard. Love you all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit