who would have thought about it?

by junctions-wife 10 Replies latest jw friends

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

I was at lunch the other day. When I over heard an associate from the photo lab, saying that this would be her son's first birthday party. then another associate asked is was a JW, and she said yes, but no longer. She said that her soon to be ex-husband was a bigger believer than her. that she had married into faith. So, I went on eating lunch. When I was able to talk to her alone I asked her about it. She was telling me that the reason why she was divorcing her husband was because she wanted out of the faith. That she no longer believe in it the way he had. Then she asked about me. I explained to her that I was never a JW but I understood her pain. she asked me how. I simply told her that my soon to be ex-husband was a JW as well, that he no longer believes in the faith and hadn't beleive in it for a long time. She then asked if he was ever disfellowshiped i said no. that he just faded out. Then she asked me if I knew anything about the sexual molesting of children in the KH. I told her yes, I asked her why? She said that she believes something has happened in her old one. but wasn't for sure.

I honestly think I was sent to help her. But I could be wrong. I'll keep everyone posted about this.

amanda

• carla
    carla

You sent her to Silentlambs site?

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

yes i sent her to silentlambs. I also told her about this site.

• mia_b
    mia_b

wow - you were certainly in the right place at the right time werent u? glad you told her of silentlambs

• Cellist
    Cellist

That's great that you were able to talk to her. I'm sure it will help her tremendously.

Cellist

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Junctions-wife,

That is great! I do believe things happen for a reason. Direct her here if you can. She will make alot of new friends here.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

I don't know if she will come to the site or not. I think she still believes that it is the truth. I get mixed feelings from her. Today her soon to be ex-husband was there in the store and he kept looking at me like I did something wrong. I don't think I did anything wrong. And I don't know how much she has told him about me either. Oh well, I don't really care if he likes me or not.

amanda

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Hi Amanda, thanks for directing me to this post. I'm sorry I never noticed it before. Yeah it does sound like you are in the right place at the right time. Be careful, especially is she still believes it to be somewhat "The Truth". Feed her little nibbles at a time, and if she has any questions that you cant answer, then ask me, and maybe I can help.-----------------Dave

• dobbie
    dobbie

Yes when i first thought about leaving and up to writing my letter i believed some of it was still the truth, but by looking into it more and often(!) and by the jws own actions towards me i now know its not.Thats a good idea though to do it in little bits, too much at once may scare her off if she's having a hard time, like divorce on top of everything else.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>he kept looking at me like I did something wrong. I don't think I did anything wrong.

You're never wrong to share information. It's only people trying to control you that limit your access to information. You done good. Whether you were meant to help, or just happened to see an opportunity and took it, the fact is -- you helped her. Be proud of yourself!

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit