JWs—Don't Read Your Bible! (Hymenaeus and Philetus)

by AuldSoul 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

JWs are clearly instructed to avoid ALL apostate literature and thinking.

2 Timothy 2:17, 18 — And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

If Jehovah's Witnesses adhere STRICTLY to their instructions from the Governing Body they must avoid reading these verses. How can such avoidance be necessary for Christians if Paul wrote down apostate teachings in a letter to Timothy?

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• agapa37
    agapa37

There is a big difference between reading LITERATURE FROM apostates, and reading WARNINGS about apostates. Big with words but dull in understanding!!!!!!!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

agapa - Paul mentions their apostate thinking. Read the verse.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Unlike the precious GB gods you serve, agapa37, the God of the Bible has no fear of apostate thinking.

Unlike publications coming from the precious GB gods you serve, the Bible does not just make ambiguous reference to "lies, half-truths, and erroneous thinking." The Bible states specifically what the offenses were and permits readers (in the First Century congregations) to determine for themselves whether the offense merits avoidance.

Unlike the elder bodies who ultimately serve as proxy executioners and low-level management for the corporate concerns of your GB gods, the Bible clearly states publicly wrongdoer's offenses without any regard for protecting the wrongdoers privacy. One example is found in 1 Corinthians, many in Acts, and this one in 2 Timothy is also an example of "failing to maintain confidentiality" in modern day JW terms.

Frankly, agapa37, unless you can answer these I really won't ever believe you are a thinking JW:

If you have knowledge of Scripture sufficient, please tackle one or all of these:

(1) Active JWs—Do JWs actually carry a "life saving" message?
    If the population growth outstrips the number converted, is your preaching work saving net lives or costing net lives according to your current dogma?

(2) Sophistry Lessons—JW Baptismal Prerequisites
    What are the BIBLE'S prerequisites for Christian baptism?

(3) If Jesus could share Scriptures with Satan, a known and incorrigible apostate, in response to challenges—why can't Jehovah's Witnesses share Scriptures with me in response to my challenges? (Matthew 4)

(4) Where is the Scriptural support for calling the Faithful and Discreet Slave a (a) class of people serving as (b) God's sole channel of communication responsible for distributing (c) "new light" to the other sheep who (d) could not gain accurate spiritual understanding without such help?

(5) Where is the Scriptural support for elders convening secret trials (see the nighttime trial of Jesus) that cannot be witnessed or recorded and whose judgments are rendered on behalf of and in place of the congregants using their own judgment?

(6) Where is the Scriptural support for disfellowshipping anyone as consequence of choosing to talk with/associate with someone elders deemed unfit?

I know that you can't answer a single one Scripturally. You know it too. It must really chafe that your organization is not the organization being used by Jehovah. I mean, your organization's own criteria rules it out of consideration.

Reasoning From the Scriptures(1989) p. 283-284 Organization
    How can Jehovah’s visible organization in our day be identified?...
    (3) It adheres closely to God’s inspired Word, basing all its teachings and standards of conduct on the Bible.—2 Tim. 3:16, 17.

I invite you to demonstrate that your organization bases all its teachings and standards of conduct on the Bible. I anticipate you will remain silent on the matter. If you respond you will only be able to admit (by direct admission or through incapacity to produce Scriptural defense) that you cannot support your organization's doctrines Scripturally.

—AuldSoul

• Mary
    Mary
    2 Timothy 2:17, 18 — and their word will spread like gangrene. Hy·me·nae´us and Phi·le´tus are of that number. These very [men] have deviated from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already occurred; and they are subverting the faith of some.

Revelation Climax chap. 17 p. 103 ‘Slaughtered Souls’ Rewarded *** All the evidence indicates that this heavenly resurrection began in 1918, after Jesus’ enthronement in 1914 and his riding forth to start his kingly conquest by cleansing the heavens of Satan and his demons

Hmmmm.....isn't that interesting that the Governing Body, like Hymenaeus and Philetus, have said that the heavenly resurrection has already occurred? Wouldn't that make the GB's word "gangrene"?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Lurkers,

I find it a little humorous how active JW posters feel comfortable discussing spiritual abstraction with those they labeled apostates, but when it comes to invitations to do exactly what Jesus did with Satan they can't seem to follow the example of their supposed leader.

I want SCRIPTURES. Not declarative statements affirming your faith. JWs can't give what Jesus gave to Satan, so they always seem to resort to frustrated declarative statements. Like this one:

There is a big difference between reading LITERATURE FROM apostates, and reading WARNINGS about apostates. Big with words but dull in understanding!!!!!!!

Please note there is nothing SCRIPTURAL in this declarative. And there is an artful skipping over of the point under consideration. The Bible contains apostate thinking. It is literature that contains apostate thinking. At least portions of the Bible are off limits to JWs according to their current organizational dogma.

Note also the emphatic exclamation. Empty of content and utterly powerless except for someone moved by baseless emotionalism. I am not such a person.

agapa37,

Would you say you are a typical JW, a below-average JW, or an outstanding JW?

—AuldSoul

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Ahh. I see this often. A person disagrees with the premise of a question, but instead of answering the question, he diverts it unto an entirely different subject.

In my mind, the truth, whatever it may be, should never fear honest questions. Such questions deserve an honest and direct answer on what the person does or doesn't know. The person asking the question needs to avoid charecterizing the person, although beliefs can be called into play, as well as statements made by an individual.

With that in mind, of course the bible contains apostate thinking of the time. The only consistency as usual where the GB is concerned is their inconsistency in how they interpret and what they "allow" the flock to see. As if knowing that the GB joined the UN is unscriptural for the flock to know.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

agapa37,

If you continue studying the Bible, you will discover in time that nothing in it says to avoid considering apostate thinking. There is counsel to avoid following apostates.

Unfortunately for you, you have chosen to follow apostates. They do not adhere to the gospel of Christ. They preach a foreign, corrupted perversion of that gospel. (Galatians 1:6-9) The whole lump is fermented and perverse. If you are ever going to get clean you first have to remove yourself from that corruption.

You can't answer my questions or respond to my points without empty reasoning and philosophies invented by your GB gods. That should be a HUGE wake up call. As it is, I fear it is nothing more for you than an irritating discussion with someone in a discussion forum. You believe you see. You even believe the GB sees. (John 9) If the blind lead the blind ...

You are in the pit and you don't even know it. Your blind leaders have convinced you the earthen walls are for your own protection. You do not grasp the freedom of Christ.

—AuldSoul

• Borgia
    Borgia

A.S

I would say that the OT clearly is full of old light apart from the fact that false worship is described in detail.........in JW speach: apostate......

Mary, good observation, LMAO!

Cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit