Going into the Service To Remain Out of the Service Vietnam War How Many?

by uwishufish 3 Replies latest jw friends

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

In the US the draft was still in effect. My lotery # was 94 they were calling to # 95. So ah pioneering we will go. This got you at least CO status with the local draft board.

How many of You did the same?

My fade began shortly after the draft was ended.

• juni
    juni

That was a horrible time! I remember the recruiters in the highschool hallways.

Lottery numbers picked and shown on TV news. That's what a senior boy in highschool expected upon graduation. I'm glad that they don't have the draft anymore.

Juni

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

The issue of Military Service was used by some to try and frighten me into becoming a "Regular Publisher of the Good News" (or some other such damned fool JW-ism).
    I resisted, figuring that dodging the draft was no motive for trying to get
    10 hours + 12 magazines + 1 Bible Study per month entered onto your Publisher Record Card.

The irony of this one is that it was the "brother" who was trying to frighten me with the issue of Military Service who ended up in trouble with the authorities:
    - for failing to register for Military Service himself, some three years earlier; when he should have done so.

Luckily for that overbearing smart-a#s# , the National Service Act(1961) was repealed before any action was taken against him.

Jack.

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

bttt for uwishufish

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit