10 lies you have to believe in, to be in the "truth"

by pallemar 22 Replies latest jw friends

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

That Jesus is returning to kill humankind, not save it.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

The Bible teaches that christian baptism must be preceded by extensive study, regular meeting attendance, regular preaching, a prayer of dedication, and proving Bible knowledge to congregation elders. The Bible does not require any of these.

The Bible teaches that elders have the authority to hold secret trials and organizationally punish people without publicly revealing sins or the evidence. The Bible does not give them this authority and specifically states that such an arrangement is not appropriate.

The Bible teaches that considering apostate material is wrong for Christians. Paul wrote a letter to Timothy outlining not only that certain men were apostate but clearly revealing what they were teaching that was false; asserting that no apostate material should be considered prevents consideration of a portion of Paul's letter.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

That no one else will ever love you the way your JW family loves you.

What a HUGE LIE that is. I get more love, compassion and day-to-day concern from the gas station attendants around the corner than I do from my own JW parents, siblings and aunts uncles and cousins put together.

I have also had far more moral and emotional support and TOTALLY UNCONDITIONAL love from my NON-Witness relatives than I ever got from the JWs, even when I was active (as a kid).

If nothing else shows what a cult it is, then how they treat their non-witness family members is certainly a clue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit