Brother Dim

by Yerusalyim 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Was it the point of your two earlier posts to extol the virtues of JWism? I could relate many stories extoling the virtues of Catholics who live up to the faith (Maxmillian Kolbe is just one example look him up). As to relating the tale of the JW's at Ground Zero, the tale sounds spurious to me, however, for those "borthers" to claim the other clergy "brought no comfort to anyone" is presumptious and perhaps even slanderous. There are specific areas within the recovery site set up for ministry, and there are specific rules to keep knuckleheads from running around interfering with the work being done. Also, there are these little things called Critical Incident Response Teams set up to help deal with the emotional and spiritual wreckage of such a tragedy. These folks on these teams are trained specifically on how to assist, and untrained personnel in these matters generally cause a lot of emotional damage (the "It could be worse" types.

Just curious as to what your point is.
    Try maybe relating stories of which you have first hand knowledge.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• DIM
    DIM

my only point was to pass on information from someone who i know is considered a faithful JW, so that people who post here could see what their mindset is. My personal opinion is that there is good and bad aspects to the JW religion, but the bad far outweighs the good.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I'm never one to oppose the idea that there are many truly right heart individuals within JWdom. It's the INSTITUTION with which I have the greatest struggle. Thanks for your forthright answer.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit