The Circuit Overseers says "dangerous info...

by biblexaminer 14 Replies latest jw friends

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

tdogg ~ Which is exactly why they do not want the r&f to have access to outside sources. It scares the sh*t right out of them.

• JT
    JT

Dad

yu are too funny

James

• larc
    larc

For a Witness who is against the use of the internet, I would ask them two simple questions. How is the internet any different than using the local library? Are you opposed to using the library too?

Of course, there are two differences. The internet probably has more information on it that your local library, especially as it pertains to Jehovah's Witnesses. Also, Witnesses can not destroy the information on the internet, like thay can destroy books from their library.

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy,

In Books A Million, in the religion section, was An Idiot's Guide to Religion. In it was Jehovah's Witnesses, and their web address. Also, an interesting note saying that no other religion had so many opposed sites listed on the internet. Listed was "Freeminds" as being less hostile than some of the many found.

Btw, I would have NEVER been found reading in the Religion section of a book store when a jw. What if one of "the friends" saw me!!!!!!

We found our information mostly from the WTBTS - just like they told us to. They told us that we could trust their information and research. The WTBTS lied.

The observation has been made that jw's feel their faith is unshakable - like during WWII, resistant even to pain & death. Interestingly, our faith won't survive the Internet, study from authority outside the WTBTS, or questions. And for some reason, jw's buy that line of reasoning.

True faith based on truths, by definition, should be unshakable to true facts.

I wonder just how long the average jw will continue to heed the words: "don't look at this, at that, over there, over here, in front of you, behind you, inside your mind. Don't look at anything."

waiting

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Biblexaminer,

thnaks for the post.

In mho, excellent and logical way to reason, contrasting

with a dictatorial statement from a "CO"!

Iarc:

"For a Witness who is against the use of the internet, I would ask them two simple questions. How is the internet any different than using the local library? Are you opposed to using the library too?"

You have written exactly how I do consider the Internet:

- an excellent library at my disposal, whenever I wish

to consult, and about any subjetc I do wish to be informed

about. Who should suppress, control, limit this freedom??

May be the WTBS??? Are they afraid of the " real truth "

as waiting wrote?

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit