Hi im new

by NikolaW 13 Replies latest jw friends

• NikolaW
    NikolaW

Hi My name is Nikola and I just would like to find out more about the faith really. My history is that i am brought up in the christian faith by my grandparents in the united reformed church. Then stopped going when i was 10 years old. at 16 i decided to be a born again christian. I have hopped from one church to another over the year 36 churches in total. I have descovered even tho my basic belifes are christian i don't beleive in some of there teachings. i don't fit into a 'normal' church as i Have mild HFA. I also don't believe in christmas as i beleive it a pagan holiday and that jesus wasn't born any way near it. Im looking for a faith group who have the same values as me. still believe in Jesus and God and his spirit. the holy trinity tho was made up about 100 years ago so i don't believe in the trinity or any creeds. I don't believe in sex before marrage. Im 22 years of age at the moment and im growing out of the church i am currently in . i have a prophetic gift meaning i have dreams that come true and the dreams latly have been about the end times.

Please tell me more about yourselves and i would really like to get in contact with a meeting place in coventry. I have found that i can't find the local one on the internet its been hard going.

I feel alone at the moment and that i havn't many people who understand me and my strange christian believe. its like im a different type of christian and no church i have come across beleives in the same thing as me totally and that is lonly i also can't socialize with the people as i feel judged and not like im like them. most churches are middle class and im not so i don't fit in. I need somewhere to belong. i do love the lord and believe i have a relationship with him. but unsure what christian group i fit into. i don't fit into the anlicans because the baptise babies and also preach stuff that freaks me out. and i find the charismatic church a whole lot of watching people throw themselves about and shout in weired ways that just scare people. hope you could help and i can make good friends here.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Hi, Nikola. Welcome to the board. I can't read your story because it's cut off for some reason. Later. Welcome here.

• thebiggestlie
    thebiggestlie

Welcome :) its nice to see that you are searching for truth. It's hard to find it sometimes i know that for sure. I sent you a private message (pm) by the way.

• Cellist
    Cellist

Hello Nikola. Welcome to the board.

Cellist

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Welcome! Maybe you need to step back from 'churches' for awhile. You seem young. 36 churches is a LOT, and you are talking to someone who thought she had the record for checking out different religions! I bow to your greater experience.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Welcome

So many new ones.

this is a good thing.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome Nikola W, there are a lot of ex JWs posting here. You will never find a church whose beliefs will exactly coincide with yours the point is to find one that coincides on most critical issues. Some adaptability is needed eg Christmas may have a pagan origin but what does it matter since it has been thoroughly Christianised?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Hi Nikola! Welcome to the board. Like you, I'm also on the Autistic spectrum (Asperger's/PDD).

You're trying to find a church that's tailor made for you, however, I'm sorry to say, no such churches exist. There are one of 3 options: Find a group of worshipers that would agree with you the most, but not completely (Non Denominational Churches are based on the idea of freeform belief), go back to the JW's and have privately held differing beliefs (unlikely) or worship on your own.

Also, have you ever thought why you don't celebrate holidays? Is it because you might think they have pagan origins? Is it because of what you yourself know to be wrong or just the way you were brought up? Anyways, it'll be fun to hear from somebody else on The Spectrum on this board! Later!

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Welcome Nicola

• needproof
    needproof

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit