Gabby Study Conductors

by DB 1 Replies latest jw friends

• DB
    DB

Last two bookstudies I have been assigned to, I have noted that the conductor seems to talk - alot -during the study. At Elder's school and during visits of the C.O. we were encouraged to ask questions, drawing answers out from those in attendance. But the gabby conducting seems to continue unabated. As a result of this talkativeness, the group looks around, up at the ceiling, down at the book, wherever.

The cause of this is, IMHO, a lack of confidence by the conductor in his group, who usually show no indication that they can offer any comment beyond what is printed in the book being studied. Hence, El Conductor feels the need to gab. It would be take effort as well as a (great deal of) patience to draw out further comments by the group with questions, but of course, El Conductor is tired and stressed from his myriad responsibilities, and his brain is shutting down like everyone else's, so he does the easy thing - he gabs.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

The essence of being a good little Dub at meetings is being able to state EXACTLY what the book says, in your own words. Independent thinking is highly discouraged.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit