Does anyone know......

by HadEnuf 4 Replies latest jw friends

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I am sitting here with gloves on with the tips cut off because it is so darn cold in my computer room. I digress.

My youngest son is getting married in May and my husband is giving the wedding "talk". I have been googling sites to find a place where he can get a legal document to be able to marry them in the state of Wisconsin. I found much info but am confused with it all.

So...does anyone out there in JWD land know the best way to get "accredited" to marry a couple? I would appreciate any input or experience with this.

Thank you for your support...mumsy

• free2think
    free2think

Hiya

I don't know anything about the legal documents, but I just wanted to say congratulations, I hope your new daughter-in-law is as great as brookie.

free2think

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Why ty very much f2t! My soon to be new daughter-in-law is one of Brookie's best friends and we all love and adore her. Brookie is going to be her "Matron of Honor"! I am the luckiest "MOM-IN-LAW" in the world with such wonderful women for my two boys. I am truly blessed.

mumsy

• blondie
    blondie

Authorized Officiants per s. 765.16 and 765.17, Wis. Stats.: (1) Ordained clergy or licentiate of a denominational body or appointee of any bishop (officiant is Wis. resident). (2) Family court or other court commissioner or supplemental court commissioner in Wisconsin. (3) Municipal judge, reserve judge or any judge of a court of record in Wisconsin or a Wisconsin tribal judge. (4) The two parties themselves, by mutual declarations, in accordance with the customs, rules and regulations of any religious society, denomination or sect to which either of said parties may belong (s. 765.16, Wis. Stats.). (5) An out of state clergy person if that officiant has a letter of sponsorship from a clergy person in Wisconsin. The letter must state that the sponsor knows of this officiant and believes that the officiant is authorized to perform marriages by that religious organization. The County Clerk may ask to see the letter of sponsorship. An officiant does not need to file his or her religious credentials with a government agency in order to perform marriages in the state (exception: see item 5 above). Authorized Officiants per s. 765.16 and 765.17, Wis. Stats.: (1) Ordained clergy or licentiate of a denominational body or appointee of any bishop (officiant is Wis. resident). (2) Family court or other court commissioner or supplemental court commissioner in Wisconsin. (3) Municipal judge, reserve judge or any judge of a court of record in Wisconsin or a Wisconsin tribal judge. (4) The two parties themselves, by mutual declarations, in accordance with the customs, rules and regulations of any religious society, denomination or sect to which either of said parties may belong (s. 765.16, Wis. Stats.). (5) An out of state clergy person if that officiant has a letter of sponsorship from a clergy person in Wisconsin. The letter must state that the sponsor knows of this officiant and believes that the officiant is authorized to perform marriages by that religious organization. The County Clerk may ask to see the letter of sponsorship. An officiant does not need to file his or her religious credentials with a government agency in order to perform marriages in the state (exception: see item 5 above). Authorized Officiants per s. 765.16 and 765.17, Wis. Stats.: (1) Ordained clergy or licentiate of a denominational body or appointee of any bishop (officiant is Wis. resident). (2) Family court or other court commissioner or supplemental court commissioner in Wisconsin. (3) Municipal judge, reserve judge or any judge of a court of record in Wisconsin or a Wisconsin tribal judge. (4) The two parties themselves, by mutual declarations, in accordance with the customs, rules and regulations of any religious society, denomination or sect to which either of said parties may belong (s. 765.16, Wis. Stats.). (5) An out of state clergy person if that officiant has a letter of sponsorship from a clergy person in Wisconsin. The letter must state that the sponsor knows of this officiant and believes that the officiant is authorized to perform marriages by that religious organization. The County Clerk may ask to see the letter of sponsorship. An officiant does not need to file his or her religious credentials with a government agency in order to perform marriages in the state (exception: see item 5 above). Authorized Officiants per s. 765.16 and 765.17, Wis. Stats.: (1) Ordained clergy or licentiate of a denominational body or appointee of any bishop (officiant is Wis. resident). (2) Family court or other court commissioner or supplemental court commissioner in Wisconsin. (3) Municipal judge, reserve judge or any judge of a court of record in Wisconsin or a Wisconsin tribal judge. (4) The two parties themselves, by mutual declarations, in accordance with the customs, rules and regulations of any religious society, denomination or sect to which either of said parties may belong (s. 765.16, Wis. Stats.). (5) An out of state clergy person if that officiant has a letter of sponsorship from a clergy person in Wisconsin. The letter must state that the sponsor knows of this officiant and believes that the officiant is authorized to perform marriages by that religious organization. The County Clerk may ask to see the letter of sponsorship. An officiant does not need to file his or her religious credentials with a government agency in order to perform marriages in the state (exception: see item 5 above). Authorized Officiants per s. 765.16 and 765.17, Wis. Stats.: (1) Ordained clergy or licentiate of a denominational body or appointee of any bishop (officiant is Wis. resident). (2) Family court or other court commissioner or supplemental court commissioner in Wisconsin. (3) Municipal judge, reserve judge or any judge of a court of record in Wisconsin or a Wisconsin tribal judge. (4) The two parties themselves, by mutual declarations, in accordance with the customs, rules and regulations of any religious society, denomination or sect to which either of said parties may belong (s. 765.16, Wis. Stats.). (5) An out of state clergy person if that officiant has a letter of sponsorship from a clergy person in Wisconsin. The letter must state that the sponsor knows of this officiant and believes that the officiant is authorized to perform marriages by that religious organization. The County Clerk may ask to see the letter of sponsorship. An officiant does not need to file his or her religious credentials with a government agency in order to perform marriages in the state (exception: see item 5 above). Authorized Officiants per s. 765.16 and 765.17, Wis. Stats.: (1) Ordained clergy or licentiate of a denominational body or appointee of any bishop (officiant is Wis. resident). (2) Family court or other court commissioner or supplemental court commissioner in Wisconsin. (3) Municipal judge, reserve judge or any judge of a court of record in Wisconsin or a Wisconsin tribal judge. (4) The two parties themselves, by mutual declarations, in accordance with the customs, rules and regulations of any religious society, denomination or sect to which either of said parties may belong (s. 765.16, Wis. Stats.). (5) An out of state clergy person if that officiant has a letter of sponsorship from a clergy person in Wisconsin. The letter must state that the sponsor knows of this officiant and believes that the officiant is authorized to perform marriages by that religious organization. The County Clerk may ask to see the letter of sponsorship. An officiant does not need to file his or her religious credentials with a government agency in order to perform marriages in the state (exception: see item 5 above).

Authorized Officiants per S. 765.16 and 765.17, Wis. Stats.:

(1) Ordained clergy or licentiate of a denominational body or appointee of any bishop (officiant is Wisconsin resident).

(2) Family court or other court commissioner or supplemental Court commissioner in Wisconsin.

(3) Municipal judge, reserve judge or any judge of a court of record in Wisconsin or a Wisconsin tribal judge.

(4) The two parties themselves, by mutual declarations, in accordance with the customs, rules and regulations of any religious society, denomination or sect to which either of said parties may belong (s. 765.16, Wis. Stats.).

(5) An out of state clergy person if that officiant has a letter of sponsorship from a clergy person in Wisconsin. The letter must state that the sponsor knows of this officiant and believes that the officiant is authorized to perform marriages by that religious organization. The County Clerk may ask to see the letter of sponsorship.

An officiant does not need to file his or her religious credentials with a government agency in order to perform marriages in the state (exception: see item 5 above).

I would check with the county register about #4.

There are many so-called "religious" entities out there that certifiy people as ministers.

BTW, congratulations everyone.

Blondie

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

TY Blondie! Maybe Gary can get away with being a "minister of Jehovah's Witnesses" because he's not DF'd or has dissassociated himself! Yeah. No. Bad idea. I don't think he wants to be linked with the JW's at any cost. Oh well. We'll find something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit