Famous JW's

by teenyuck 23 Replies latest jw friends

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Just curious...does anyone know if there are any famous JW's? I have heard about the Jackson family (Michael, Janet, etc.) and Prince, however, I have been unable to find any official web site information that confirms their beliefs.

Since I was a JW when the Jackson 5 were hot, I do not recall any discussion on this.

Thanks,
    Gina

• joelbear
    joelbear

Hitler was secretly one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Angst
    Angst

Heheheh so was Santa Claus

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Now I know Santa was not...he does not exist!

• RR
    RR

Let's see ....

George Benson, Jazz guitarist
    The Wayans Family ... the parents are still JW.
    The Williams Sisters [Tennis]
    There was Graham, forget his whole name, played bass for Sly and the Family Stone, he was the one who studied with Prince and Chaka Khan, his life story appeared in the Awake years ago.

There are a few others.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

A few African-American celebrities are profiled here:
    http://www.freeminds.org/african/african.htm
    Randy

• LDH
    LDH

Speaking of which, the Septmber Sports Illustrated which has Fresno State on their cover Go Bulldogs! 5-0 Get that Heismann David Carr

anyhow there is a spread in there about the Williams sisters at the US Open. They are wearing nothing but the American Flag draped over their bodies in all the right places.

Interesting. Celebrity=double standards.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

This question came up a few months ago. Here's the thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=8867&site=3#104885

Andi

• Makena1
    Makena1

Here are a few more:

Wayne Henderson and Wilton Felder, formerly of the Jazz Crusaders.
    Wayne's son, Wayne Jr. studied briefly with Randy Jackson when Michael was still attending. George Benson attended while he was in town recording a new album - early 80's?

I think it was Richard Pryor's 2nd wife? (Really reaching now....lol)

Lynn Swan's wife, Bernadette studied and attended for quite awhile, but as far as I remember never got baptized. (reaching a bit further....)

Al Kavelin - conducted the orchestra at Dodger Stadium for years and years - supposedly wrote the Doris Day hit, "Que Sera, Sera", but as I heard, he did not get credit for it. Also, supposedly wrote a song about the comic strip caveman, "Alley Oop" recorded by the Argyles in the 1960's. (how's that for obscure info...?)

From the thread that Billygoat referenced above, Mulan wrote about the actress Donna Reed's son being a witness. She is correct except for the rumor that he passed away. He is very much alive, however, disassociated himself about 20 years ago. He was the best man at Sabine's and my wedding 27 years ago, and happily we have gotten back in touch and renewed our friendship after all these years.

Peace,
    Makena

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

ok guys, help me out here. The guy who sang, One in a million was/is a jw but I can't think of his name.

The song goes like this.......One in a million, chance of a life time..............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit