Went to Church this Morning

by Undecided 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

JT, I see what you are saying but life is too dependent on the physical things. If your heart stops you die, if you don't eat you die, if all your vital organs don't work you die. So life is not some inner spiritual mystery. Life is dependent on you taking care of your body, otherwise you die.

What really makes you who you are is another story. Maybe your genectics, your environment and what you see while growing up. Look at the different cultures and how they act differently. Also if the chemicals in your brain gets out of balance you can go nuts. So I see life as physical with some sort of emotional inner self developed by our surroundings and brain developement. I think we can develope an appreciation of life by thinking inwardly, what ever that is.

I'm glad you have a way to appreciate life, sometimes I think maybe life is more than we can understand, but then I wonder when exactly did we get this life force. When the sperm met the egg, or maybe when we began to get air. Who knows?

Ken P.

• Rooster
    Rooster

I drink alot..

• Undecided
    Undecided

Roster,

That's the only kind of spirits I understand.

Ken P.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Undecided:

I just can't seem to get past all the contridictions in the bible. It just seems like all religion is just the invention of some man who feels himself some prophet of a God somewhere in space.

How do you get past this feeling???

You don't need to get past it. It's a perfectly valid feeling. The bible does appear in every way to be a compilation of loosely connected books written by primitive people without the knowledge of the world we have today. Like all other holy books it's simply the work of people seeking answers to big questions - and often pretending to have found them.

I would love to feel like I had some real connection with the creator of life, but I can't get over the feeling of there not being any evidence that he is still alive somewhere. Do you just ignore your intelligence and go with your emotions? I don't want to end up in some cult like Jones Town or something.

Never ignore your intelligence. Emotion will lead you towards the answer you want to be true, rather than the real truth. And the real truth turns out to be far more amazing and awe-inspiring. Ken, you are connected with the creator of life, or at least to the beginning of life and to all life on earth. We are all connected, not as children of the same god but as descendants of the same primordial form, carriers of the same code of life. We may have no soul to be reincarnated, but there is something amazing in every cell of our bodies that has lived a billion lives and may live a billion more, improving and mingling with other life to produce unique and beautiful forms. How unimaginitive the tales of the bible seem by comparison!

• Golf
    Golf

I'm with Mouthy. Everyday my eyes see's creation, everywhere. As an inventor and builder, I'm daily impressed with man's ingenuity,it's AWESOME. Man got his brains from a monkey? Hmmmmmmm, some may think so but I don't. I have enough experience with man that I wouldn't put my trust in him. I don't need to go to church to have faith in MY Creator.

Golf

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Just wanted to say hi Undecided.

Do you just ignore your intelligence and go with your emotions?

Look at this list. Lists of Jews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Tanakh, the Old Testament gave birth to this list of intelligent people of our day.

Sorry you are going through such inner conflict.

Hope you have a great week.

Love,

Kate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit