witnesses on t.v. in redding calif.

by gumby 3 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

Hi all. A couple of days ago I posted some info. on a show the society put on in our local town that was advertized in our local newspaper
    I saw the show at 6:00. It was all on the blood issue and had all of the positive aspects of bloodless surgery with doctors and spokesmen carrying the banner for the society on this issue. I wonder how many other cities aired this on their local channells. It said" this this show is sponsored by the local congregation"...so if money was needed to put the program on....I'm sure the society made sure the congregation here picked up the tab.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Interesting story Gumby. Thanks.

And I'm sure you're right that the society would make sure the congregation paid for it even if it was in the form of calculating how much each pub. should "donate" to the WTS "contribution box" to "cover the cost" of producing this show.

Does anybody have any idea how much it would cost to produce and air a documentary on TV?

• LDH
    LDH

It doesn't cost a gd red cent if you use the public access channel.

This is soemthing not many are aware of. All you have to do is tell your local cable carrier you want a 'public access' time slot and you can set up a camcorder in your dang living room and tape a comedy show if you want.

Which gives me a great idea.

Who wants to put together our OWN documentary?

Lisa

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

WHo watches public access cable anyhow? OK lets do a documentary.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit