AWESOME! New Article on Blood and Canadian Sextuplets

by V 44 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Well this is a life and death circumstance, they are erring on the side of lfe and not religion. Does the JW religion actually teach that the childs salvation is in jeopardy due to a blood transfusion? If so, then that's a new one for me. Perhaps under the JW belief system the parents salvation could be in jeopardy, but a child?

• orbison11
    orbison11

i never address a poster in this manner, but

i am sorry, no apologies, but your comments are so juvinille(sp) that one can not even address them

orb

• Scully
    Scully

No Apologies:

I think the real issue is, does the parents refusal of a medical process that they find abhorrent and that they feel could jeopardize their child's eternal welfare, is that abuse? And who should make that call? you? me? some judge?

So, you don't have a problem with parents who passed Kool-Aid to their kids in Jonestown? After all, those folks believed they were going to have their eternal reward in doing what Jim Jones told them to do and wanted to make sure their kids had the same "reward".

The only difference between the WTS and Jonestown is that in Jonestown there were 900+ corpses in a single day. How many thousands of JWs (and JW children) have been martyred for this pseudo-religious dogma over the last 50 years? Just because the bodies pile up one at a time doesn't make the tragedy any less gruesome.

Who should make the call, you ask? Well, how about doing what is necessary to get the kids to survive to the point of being able to make that call for themselves. Do you think they might someday be grateful that someone, anyone intervened to give them that opportunity?

What if it was you in the NICU and your parents were refusing treatment for you? Would you want someone to say "Hey, wait a minute... what if the kid doesn't want to die?"

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Orby,

I'm not surprised by your reaction, I'm totally expecting for someone to come along and flame away at me for daring to question what happened in this case. "What about the children??? They are children!!!!"

Have you even bothered to check out the link I posted, of another instance where the government thought they knew best?

No Apologies

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Im not flaming you, I just dont understand your line of reasoning. The doctors determine what is in the best health interests of the child, and then the government is only used as a last resort to help the doctors save the life. Please dont take this personal, but i just dont understand your line of reasoning. I mean if a government dont have the right to step in to save a childs life, then what power should a government have? This is an issue of relgious rights vs. the right of the child to live. My personal opinion is all religion be damned, if it causes a child to die or suffer. I believe in freedom of religion, but I dont believe parents have the right to let their children die over it.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I realize you werent directing that to me, but Orby. I still felt I must say what i did. Can I ask you something? What are your current religious beliefs? Do you believe in God?

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Scully,

How does what happened in Jonestown have anything to do with the question of who should decide what is in a child's best interest? You're totally grasping at straws with that analogy.

What if it was you in the NICU and your parents were refusing treatment for you? Would you want someone to say "Hey, wait a minute... what if the kid doesn't want to die?"

Why do we give patients and parents the right to refuse treatment in the first place? By your logic, then, the patients should all be forced to take whatever treatment a doctor orders. He's the doctor, he must know best, right?

No Apologies

• orbison11
    orbison11

i not only have heard of the dionne girls, i live in canada, have read the books on them, and the ones the older 2 have recently put out

this case with the quintuplets in no way has anything to do with them

and you saying "they are children"????

so they should die to a crazy book publishing's blood stand,,sheesh, c'mon now, no apologies

all of your posts have been much more intelligent than this... one cant even address your comments is all

orb

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Well somehow my reply to Scully got lost somewhere in the Internets tubes. I'll try again.

Scully, comparing this to Jonestown is a stretch. There's a big difference between knowingly feeding your child poison and trying to do what you believe(rightly or wrongly) is the best for your child. The first is definitely wrong, the second one gets a little more fuzzy.

And if this is so important, then hey, lets not even give patients the option of choosing. Let's just say that once you are there, the doctor will make the decision, and thats that. Is that really what you want?

Junction Guy, I understand that you are not flaming, I respect your opinion. I'm not saying what happened is wrong, I just think its one of those slippery slope kind of issues. You can justify a lot of things once you say "its for the children."

And to your other question, I'm mostly atheist these days. And even if there is a god, I don't think s/he's a churchgoer either.

No Apologies

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Hey No Apologies, I just tried to respond back and my post got lost, apparently this board is having some technical difficulties right now. I will try to post again shortly, but if not, check back on this thread later, OK?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit