I'm struggling with God's existence -- and here is why.

by Morocco 24 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse
    We can go in circles all day long, but there is, and has never been, a clear answer.

Not nearly as clear as the sun that rises every morning...and the sun is nothing more than an inanimate ball of superheated gasses.

Because of that I can't help but feel that maybe we make our own answers

What choice do we have?

and, at the very least, the Christian God (or maybe all others) just simply don't exist.

"Their" absence from our lives doesn't prove "their" non-existence, but certainly does suggest:

And if they do, they can't or won't communicate with us.

Since, by definition of what "they" are, they must be able to communicate, then the logical alternative (of these two choices) is that they won't communicate.

If it doesn't matter to "them," then why should it matter to me?

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Morocco:

I can't help but feel that maybe we make our own answers and, at the very least, the Christian God (or maybe all others) just simply don't exist

You know there is a lot of wisdom in your post.

Could it be you simply see a serious problem with attributing a gloriously infinite universe to a contrastingly small and limited deity? I mean certainly the real Source of such wonder and grandeur must be unimaginably more vast and beautiful than anything religion has to offer; especially to what's found within the pages of the Bible.

I suggest you honor your innate wisdom, and let go of images of gods and deities gleemed from a page or playing upon the screen of imagination, and instead focus on what it is to be alive in the present moment. Dive into the reality of your most intimate sense of being and existing. Discover what is at your core. Accept only what is undeniably real.

j

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Following on from James: look deep within, and find that "God" is communicating with every beat of your heart...

• heathen
    heathen

apparently the days of proving he exists to his followers are over but the bible is saying it wasn't always like that. I agree that religion is pretty screwed up but they can't keep you from your own personal search for truth. It's why I keep coming back to this site . I've seen alot of things in my life that are clearly super natural so it's very obvious to me that something is going on , to me God is a certainty.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    The idea that Yahweh is trying to communicate through a book, to me, is again proving itself highly unlikely simply because the explanation or interpretation of the book is so difficult. These ancient documents are so full of errors that perhaps the miracle isn't that they are complete, true, or inerrant – but that anything from our past exists at all.

Errors to one are understood as accurate taken in context by another. A past that may seem like it is void of proof to one, is teeming with information and proof to another. Check your sources, people have biases. When I am truth seeking I avoid both Christian and Athiest sources even though I am a Christian. I want non biased information from experts in thier fields, which is not always easy to find.

Canaanite Era: Genesis 12:6 And Abram passed through the land unto the place of Sichem, unto the plain of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land.

Excavate the oldest and largest seaport yet known in Israel, and a thriving Middle Bronze Age (2000-1550 B.C.) metropolis of more than 150 acres, with commanding ramparts where the silver calf was found, including the oldest arched city gate in the world, still standing two stories high.

Philistine Era (1175-604 B.C.):1 Samuel 17:8 And he stood and cried unto the armies of Israel, and said unto them, Why are ye come out to set your battle in array? am not I a Philistine, and ye servants to Saul? choose you a man for you, and let him come down to me.

This huge seaport, from the era of David and Goliath, was fortified with thick mudbrick towers and battered slopes. It contained a seaside bazaar and winery , and was the last of the Philistine cities burned down by King Nebuchadnezzar and his Babylonian armies in 604 B.C.E.Ashkelon Excavation Information

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit