Baptism Candidates

by FadingAway 6 Replies latest jw friends

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

At DCs, SADs, or CAs, do they know beforehand how many baptismal candidates there will be? I recall on another thread where the brother gving the baptism talk ask them to stand and no one stood up. Could anyone then go and sit in the front row and go through with baptism without having to answer the questions or even have studied?

I have stupid thoughts from time to time and I was thinking how funny it would be if MTV's Jackass show would pull a stunt like this. You know have one of their guys sit in the front, stand and answer the 2 questions and go ahead with the baptism. He would answer with an enthusiastic "Yes!" accompanied with a fist pump. He could come out in a thong or an outfit that when wet would be see through. When they put him under the water, his leg would keep popping out so they would have to repeatedly dunk him. Then when he has been dunked acceptably, the rest of hs crew could have airhorns and jump and scream. I would love to see the reactions of the audience and the attendants rushing to kick these guys out.

Like I said, just a stupid thought I was having.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

That would be pretty funny, especially since a few conventions ago, they barked at us for "not treating the baptism with the proper dignity it deserves."

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

If I ever become homeless, I know I'll get at least 3-4 baths a year with this advice.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

LOL!!!! I think you should write to the show! That would be too funny! (I know, it is immature.....but, I never said I didn't have that immaturity in me!)

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I don't know if they know exactly how many baptismal candidates are expected, so a stunt like this could well work, and it would be rather funny. I'd love to see the looks on the faces of the dubs if it did.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

Mate that would be seriously funny if you did do that. Let us know if you are cos i'll go along with my camcorder to get it all.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

How long did the Ethiopian eunuch have to wait as a "baptismal candidate"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit