My Bethel experience

by new boy 58 Replies latest jw friends

• gymbob
    gymbob

New boy (Keith)~

Nice post! It was great talking to you the other day and sharing some bethel stories.

As I told you on the phone, my experience at the "Big House" was different from yours....I always thought I kinda' liked it. It's been so long since i've really thought about bethel that it's made me re-think my whole experience (I left bethel in 79' and the borg in 2000).

Now, as I look back, I see Brooklyn for what it really is...just....SAD. So many wasted years.

Just a consolidated version of the organization as a whole....a bunch of people who for the most part really think they're part of something great....but totally and completely mislead. I met some really cool people there.

I wonder how many of them now know the truth about "The Truth"?It's just...Sad.

Yea, it's late and I miss my family, F**king cult.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I remember in my newbie talk george couch was talking about how one guy went home and claimed he became spiritually sick at bethel. Then george in that high whinny voice of his, say's 'can you imagine that...becoming spiritually sick, at bethel of all places.' Yet one of the many signs I had that screemed to carry my a$$ home.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    the food was bad, left overs or squash stuffed with mystery meat

Perhaps it was 'soylent green.'

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

George Couch was surprised and outraged that someone claimed to get spiritually sick at Bethel?? Why, where else would that happen? There are many spiritually sick people at Bethel, and the people in charge wouldn't know spirituality if it hit them in the face.

This is just another example of cult thinking. People so sure of themselves that they cannot realize that THEY are the problem, not the world. From the stories I'm reading, I wouldn't work there for $50,000/year.

The remaining sincere people at Bethel: You have my sympathy.

• new boy
    new boy

Guys like George Couch..............who seemed so normal......they looked like some kind old guy, but there hands were full of blood.........Just like Himmeler. The problems there came from the top down.

• new boy
    new boy

Well, it been about a year so I thought I drag out my bethel series for all the new folks on the board. Happy new year to all.

• delilah
    delilah

Hi New Boy..interesting read. When can we expect part 2??

When I was a kid, around 14, or so, we went on a bus tour of the Canadian Bethel. I remember feeling like I'd entered another world. It was like a hospital, or a building where they conducted science experiments....very sterile,.... too clean for my liking. I felt claustrophobic. I knew right then and there, that Bethel was no place for me. It gave me the heebie-jeebies, and I couldn't wait to get out of there.

• Was New Boy
    Was New Boy

I thought I get this out of the bone yard. Maybe someone might enjoy it.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Thanks New Boy! All these different people...same Watchtower BETHEL experience. Any more experiences at other Watchtower Society Branch offices?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit