More JW Folklore, Enjoy

by moomanchu 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie

Ok so what is this poem. Surely if it has been published we could find a copy of it.

• vomit
    vomit

As somebody pointed out that there was a Criminal called Nakata. If there was a criminal called Nokota I could also belive it.

But just asked around my Japanese office and everybody laugh at me saying Nekata. It as a name or word does not exist in Japanese.

Also I would of been easy for him to be baptized because in Japan there are Ofuro(large communal baths) in every prison. As it happens they are often used a torture by forcing crims to stay in them while the temperature is increased.

• vomit
    vomit

Also Japanese never drive limos for anything official. They drive Toyota town cars like "President" or "Crowns" very similar to Japanese Taxis but bigger. If you saw any photos of Japanese Royalty you would of seen that kind of car. They cant be mistake for limos at all.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

vomit:

If you asked some native Japanese speakers about "Nekata", and they laughed, it's probably because the actual name is Nakata...though I was never fluent and I'm pretty rusty now, as far as I know there is no name 'Nekata' in Japanese. What might have made them giggle about it is that the Japanese word for cat is neko...it probably sounded to them like you were trying to say cat, or a word derived from cat. Hmmm... depending on how you pronounced it to them, there could be a number of things they thought you were trying to ask.

Apparently the story has been lost in translation over the years...Nakata became Nekata, Brother Iszlaub became Brother Islop...sounds like these people only heard the story orally and tried to recreate it the way they thought it sounded. (Considering this story is only about 50 years old, it makes a significant point about the bible, which has been translated and retold and translated again for centuries.) Notice below in the original quote which started the thread, the lines about JWs being out in field service and placing magazines...sounds like somebody was worried about their congo not doing enough field service and embellished upon the story, which Blondie later quoted from the source material. Note the differences of the two versions.

"Jehovah's Witnesses were doing street work and placed some magazines with a man.

At first, the fellow decided he would discard them in the next trash can.

He just thought he was doing the Witnesses a favor by buying the magazines. As he walked along however, he thought of a man he knew in prison; he would send them to him instead!"

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I had to hoot when I saw this - we had a biddy in our cong who was so zealous she named her poor Australian shepherd after this guy!! I'd forgotten about it until I saw the thread. What nuts!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's the funniest load of yak $hit I have seen in a long time. Bet you could hear the tears of "joy" running down the dubbie cheeks as they listened to that pile of crap.

Cult!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit