Building Hall fiasco's

by KAYTEE 2 Replies latest jw friends

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Building Hall fiasco’s

My last congregation, after buying premises, started to renovate the building into a Kingdom Hall.

Hear are a few of the disasters that went wrong !!!!

Wallpaper was put on upside down,

Attempting to move a beam, knocked it through the outside wall.

Shutting the water supply off, by hitting the copper tube to close the pipe up with hammer,

When they coupled the sewage outlet to mains in the street, they had the flow the wrong way !!! it came back to the hall with every one else’s.

It took 3 weekends for carpenter to build new door, 2 weeks later they knocked it down and bricked it up.

Brother who was a skilled electrician walked out on the job three times,

Elder who was a painter and decorator refused to help after the shambles with the way it was being done

The new system !!

Isaiah 65 v21 And they will certainly build houses and have occupancy…………

I hope there is a good site foreman around at the time ???

You surely must have met similar disasters!

KT

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Wow what a stuff up ! Where was the holy spirit?

I remember working on one of the quick builds duplexes in the eightees with the media in attendance and all the PR work going on - then we ran out of bricks so they decided to conceal this by leaving out a large section of wall out the back where nobody would notice - not! This was on top of a section that had been pulled down earlier because the bricks were laid poorly!

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

WT's Engineering Dept bribed the inspectors. In so doing our Hall, a duplex with one Hall below grade, was left to flood every time severe thunderstorms struck. Building code would have required an ejection system.

tsof

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit