Who is going to finally expose the WTS for what it really is?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Isn't that exactly what we are doing here????

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

I don't think any one person or even any group acting as one person will accomplish this. But having said that, I would rather be on our side of the fence than the WTS's..

The position facing the WTS is similar to that faced by the 16th century RC church as it braced itself for the intellectual onslaught brought about by the information revolution which the invention of printing produced. The RC Church at that time used strong arm tactics such as the Spanish Inquisition, [Oooh I asked for this: Did someone mention the Spanish Inquisition? - Enter a menacing, gaudily garbed, Michael Palin] But their greatest support came from the ordinary R&F who, convinced of the Church's divine right to the exclusive approval of God, rallied to cause. This stemmed the hemorrage, but irrevocably diminished their influence.

Showing that they have learned nothing from history, the WTS is reacting to the information explosion brought about by the internet in the same way. With starchamber tactics, and because of an even greater desire to control the way their R&F receive information, with pressure from the elders.

Funny about the R&F though. Just as in the 16th century, we are seeing the fanatical zeal of those who are convinced, possibly as a result of the jhoover syndrom, [ie that simply pronouncing this tri-syllabic word ensures divine authority in their lives] to stand by their theological masters. We will always see a reservoir of believers who are content to abdicate all thinking to those they consider as having the exclusive backing of God.

But statistics don't lie. There are more of us than there are of them!! More people have been able excercise their own insights into the facts and abandoned their flawed leaders than those who by blind obedience, have stayed on.

With an average membership of some 6M world wide, well over that number are ex-followers of the WTS. As the Net becomes more accessable to the majority, the bankruptcy of WT belief will be all that more evident.

To the great fear of the WT leadership, the tide is in our favour. And we are all contributing.

Ever noticed the number of newbies on JWD lately?

Cheers

• gumby
    gumby

If christianity has lasted over 2000 years and the Roman Church has lasted 1600 years, then the Watchtower Society can do the same. As long as you have people who will believe a believable story about lifes purpose that isn't ran by just one chrismatic leader......you'll have various religions, Watchtower included.......sad but true.

Gumby

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Ya isn't it great to have time on your hands to enlighten yourself and help to contribute to the pool of knowlege. Its much more effective than witnessing. We are posting anti ideolgies like get well medicine, an adidote to the religion. Ideas are powerful stuff. Trust me, I think it gets around.

• Gill
    Gill

Hello Gumbatious one! How goes it in Witchtower Land?!

I need to disagree with you slightly simply because the WTBTS is different to other religions.

It has a used by date stamped on its arse. It starts with 1914 and finishes, gradually within the next twenty to thirty years.

As longs as the WTBTS will not allow its 1914 doctrine to drop it is DOOMED! I don't mean next week or next month but it is, as Dansk put it last week 'already dead and just doesn't know it!'

The WTBTS is no longer a religion but a lawyers paradise! Its bullshit predictions and completely ludicrous and nonsensical blood policy has meant that there is just too much that it cannot go back on.

As to who is going to finally expose the WTS for what it really is? well, it's doing a good job of that itself everytime it publishes more BS in its publications!

Look around at all those crazed dubs at the KH and remember you too were like that once but not any more. The same will happen to the majority of them. The WTBTS is at the beginning of its death throes.

I expect an almighty slip up sooner or later that will put it into fast and terminal decline. The pressure has to be kept up on it to reveal its protection of child molesters, its farsical blood policy and its ludicrous predictions.

Just keep printing BS WTBTS! Soon, you won't be shooting yourself in the foot anymore, but in the head!

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

This is not a passive religion, and if people had too many doubts there inclination would be to ask themselves. Do I really beleive this, and is it worth all the trouble i'm goung through? Is doubt worth effort?The answer would be no. Mass Exodus? Maybe not right away. It just takes more consciousness and strangulation.

• moshe
    moshe

Last week I looked at the World Wide Church of God ,too sspo. Looking at how they became more orthodox Christian in their beliefs.

The changes came from the top and were not well received by the membership. A breakaway group called the Philadelphia Church of God bought the rights to Armstrongs books and is still pushing his ideas. The original Armstrong group has shrunk to less than 80,000 members.

The JW's themselves do not like change either. However, I think they would go along with almost any major shift in theology that the GB can cook up as long as it is done, gradually.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

It sounds to me like someone thinks we're not doing enough... **sigh**

Most of us are 98 pound gorillas.

Some, like Farkel, are 115 pound gorillas.

If 20 of us gang up, we can easy take an 800 pound gorilla.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

In order for the Org. to keep going it needs to grow for the future, here is where one problem lyes.

With its constant message of singleness and for those who are married not to have children. They really have a limited pool to draw from, in order to meet their growth. Where there is growth in the Org. it is coming from poor countries which will not be able to support it financially. For them the message of singleness and no children for married couples has been a very poor business decision.

I really don't think we will see the end of the Org. unless the government steps in, but the influence it has over the R&F will eventually fade.

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit