Trampled upon the Son of God?

by Rooster 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Rooster
    Rooster

*** Rbi8Hebrews10:29***

Of how much more severe a punishment, do YOU think, will the man be counted worthy who has trampled upon the Son of God and who has esteemed as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt?

Let me sit down my notes. I feel the WTBTS has fulfilled this scripture.

Amen..

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

That's not the only prophecy they fit.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

That is an interesting verse; (read the rest of the context starting in verse 10:26)

The specific sin in the OT that required two or more witneses was idolatry (Duet.17:2-7) The judgement for idolatry was death by stoning. If idolatry was punished by physical death - how much worse punishment should someone recieve who treats blood of Christ with disrepect? (in essence tramples on the Son of God) Counting his blood to be no more than a common thing - means to treat it as no different than the blood of an ordinary man or of that used in animal sacrifices. Or, by Insulting the spirit of Grace is refering to the Holy Spirit of God, an "agent" of God's gift of salvation. Any believer who commits these sins will be judged as worthy of a punishment worse than death.

Does this apply to the WT's view of Christ's blood and their teaching that it only makes atonement for 144,000? Or, do most of the members really reject Christ's blood by not partaking, which means counting it of no greater value? Possibly. And it could possibly apply to the WT in other ways too. Such as their belief and teaching that God's Holy Spirit directs the organization rather than directing all believers. Lilly

• Rooster
    Rooster

That is an interesting verse; (read the rest of the context starting in verse 10:26)

The specific sin in the OT that required two or more witneses was idolatry (Duet.17:2-7) The judgement for idolatry was death by stoning. If idolatry was punished by physical death - how much worse punishment should someone recieve who treats blood of Christ with disrepect? (in essence tramples on the Son of God) Counting his blood to be no more than a common thing - means to treat it as no different than the blood of an ordinary man or of that used in animal sacrifices. Or, by Insulting the spirit of Grace is refering to the Holy Spirit of God, an "agent" of God's gift of salvation. Any believer who commits these sins will be judged as worthy of a punishment worse than death.

Does this apply to the WT's view of Christ's blood and their teaching that it only makes atonement for 144,000? Or, do most of the members really reject Christ's blood by not partaking, which means counting it of no greater value? Possibly. And it could possibly apply to the WT in other ways too. Such as their belief and teaching that God's Holy Spirit directs the organization rather than directing all believers. Lilly

Good point. Jesus only died for the 144,000.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Not my call who does and who doesn't trample the Son of God's blood, but I do feel that the Christ is the most overlooked person in the scriptures

abr

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

So what does God plan on doing to those trampling the son of god, does he intend to trample on them in revenge? After all doesn't the bible say: " Vengence is mine" and "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living god" or something to that effect. Hey if he ain't brought the end of the world yet, so I wouldn't worry any of the other threats.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit