Is it normal to love a spouse more than your child(ren)?

by unbeliever 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Junction-Guy - You are right that your mother SHOULD have put you first and protected you from your father. You are also so right that it was her religious belief, (men head of house blah de blah superior etc) that made your mother behave in the WRONG way.

You are totally right that the real anger goes to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society Cult that damages people that they can no longer tell what is right and what is wrong.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Gill, it was actually my stepfather who was the evil guy, not my Dad. He brainwashed my mom and tried every way in the world to turn her against the family, including us kids. He was just a selfish,psychotic drunk, who was jealous of her love for us.

• Gill
    Gill

Did your mother ever give you reasons for her lack of action on your part, Junction-Guy?

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Yes, she said she still believed that she should put him first. He was very manipulative and was a liar, everyone could see it but her.

• journey-on
    journey-on

I agree with most of the posts that it's a different kind of love for each. But my dear mom always told us that "men love their wives more than they love their children, and women love their children more than their husbands. This is how we're wired and if not, then something's wrong."

• sandy
    sandy

I'm not sure what that means. I don't have children yet but I know I'd give up my life for my children and husband. And I know my husband-to-be would do the same. That seems only natural.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit