It's Sunday????

by J-ex-W 5 Replies latest jw friends

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

I am so off on my body clock. Another person posted on here about watching Friends on this Sunday, and I'm sitting here that since her note says she's from Netherlands, she must be at least twelve hours ahead of me, or something. --That and, I just realized, I never got a phone call today from my congregation to get hooked up on the phone line for Sunday WT. Must be a special assembly day or something. There's a relief to that, and also some anxiety.... [You know--what if they've found out I'm on this board, etc.]

Man, I knew I had been holing up, doing some wound-licking, but I had no idea I was this out of it!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I never got a phone call today from my congregation to get hooked up on the phone line for Sunday WT.

I gotta ask. Do ya have the speaker phone on the WT meeting, listening (at least half-listening)
    while you are reading and posting on JWD? That's the ultimate hand gesture to the WTS.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W
    I gotta ask. Do ya have the speaker phone on the WT meeting, listening (at least half-listening)
    while you are reading and posting on JWD. That's the ultimate hand gesture to the WTS.

I'm sending you a PM.

• kristyann
    kristyann

Wait a minute, they hook people up to listen to the meetings on the PHONE!?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

KristyAnn, J-ex-W has referred in the past to some medical conditions, so I imagine that is the reason why they will do the phone meeting thing. Many halls have the ability to send the meetings to homebound ones via the phone lines. Some churches do 'tape ministries' and will send out the tapes to be listened to at the convenience of the homebound ones.

Shelly

• kristyann
    kristyann

Thanks, Shelly. I figured it had to be something along the lines of that, and not just, "Here, don't come to the meeting, but listen to it on a a tape instead." :-) Thanks again for the clarification.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit