'What the (bleep) do we know?'

by Twitch 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"either way, if he won randi's million dollar award, it would be a big first, and something to write home about. i don't see why he won't try it. i would if i were him.

tetra"

Sorry to be pedantic, but no you wouldn't. ;)

• onacruse
    onacruse

BrentR, thanks!

Well, hell! Like I said, it's been a long time since I saw the movie, and even then it was only (my usual) short-attention-span-channel [not channel-ing]-surfing-excerpted version of "watching" a movie.

I did like "Predator."

• BrentR
    BrentR

Since most ex JW's have good perception the movie is worth watching aside from some of the "fluff". Most of us get caught up just reacting to day-to-day dynamics and not taking charge and constructing the type of day we would like to have. The movie brings some quantum physics into the mainstream by using great animation and laymen’s terms to do so. It very much changed how I interact and treat other people each day. Since doing that I have had nothing short of phenomenal experiences. I am the biggest skeptic you are going to find but when something appears to work I place a certain value on it.

The Hindus refer to of karma and Christians the doctrine of "do unto others". Now it appears that there is a electro-physics aspect that validates century's old beliefs.

However you can practice and perfect this new behavior without jumping in bed with the "ramsters". What we think and feel does affect other people, and before we open our mouths. Human beings were communicating with each other for who knows how long before any words or languages existed. Think about that for just a few minutes, it has allot of implications.

Princeton University is conducting a very in depth study of collective conciousness. They are bridging religion over to physical science.

http://noosphere.princeton.edu/story.html

Here is a quick excerpt of what they are doing:

"In the laboratory experiments, people sit near a device that produces random numbers, but they have no physical connection to it. They try to "commune" or "resonate" with the machine (called a random event generator, or REG) while wishing it to change its behavior to produce higher or lower scores than it should by chance. The accumulated research shows a tiny but highly significant correlation indicating that consciousness can weakly but measurably affect the physical world. What seems to happen is that the "noisiness" of the random sequence is changed very slightly. The amount of information or structure is increased and entropy or disorder is reduced. This may happen because it is relevant to our consciousness, which contains and expresses the necessary information and somehow impresses it on the environment. We apparently create a tiny bit of order in the world around us, simply by ourselves embodying structured information."

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    and where they say the US government and way of life, not Ramtha, is a cult.

well, looks like everyone except tetra is wrong again. they're both cults.

the real debate should be which is loonier vs. which is more dangerous.

i believe both cults take a respective prize.

tetra

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit