Age difference

by troucul 10 Replies latest social relationships

• troucul
    troucul

What is the largest socially acceptable age difference in relationships? Does it depend on the age of the youngest? Oldest? Sorry if this topic has already been covered. Then again, who cares about social norms?

• zeroday
    zeroday

Socially acceptable to who....Who lives their lives on what is socially acceptable to someone else.

• troucul
    troucul

She's uncomfortable. Especially when I make fun of her. Whatever. She turns me on.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    She's uncomfortable. Especially when I make fun of her. Whatever. She turns me on.

do you make fun of her age? and is she older or younger?

• seawolf
    seawolf

umm if she's uncomfortable then why do you make fun of her?

btw 1/2 your age + 7.

• troucul
    troucul

she's +12. I make fun of her, but it's all in fun.

• seawolf
    seawolf

hehe ok

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

I don't know. I'm 39, and I have 21-year-olds hit on me all the time. [some in earnest]

One guy I really liked and hit it off with famously--I was told by more than one person that there was this kind of electricity between us that gets higher and higher when we're together. It wasn't just based on sexual attraction; there was a genuine intellectual (and possibly spiritual) connection that engaged us both intensely. [And honestly, I was so enamored of his EYES that it occurred to me once that I had never even bothered to check out his butt]. <--- That, to me, says something!!

Anyway, I kept being told that I should go for it, but it just seemed like taking advantage of a young, innocent thing. He was 22 and I was 36 when we first met. I said it would feel like pedophilia for me, and ALL my friends went into an uproar!!! (double standards--blah, blah, blah). This pressure went on for like a year-and-a-half, and then he wound up leaving college early to go to a Spanish immersion school in Cuernavaca, southern Mexico. [He was a TESL--Teaching English as a Second Language--major.]

I don't know. I still have no answer for that one. Wish 'numbers' and circumstances could have worked out with that one, though. He was one cool dude--everything I look for in a male...with the exception of...a popsicle-stick/ gumby-shaped body. [I did eventually look, but by that time, it didn't matter. I still liked everything about him...!]

• troucul
    troucul

Who's to say J? Then again, a 22 - year - old male? He may very well change his mind within a year after you had won him over. You may have spared yourself some heartbreak.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Honestly, I was looking at it the other way. I knew it could only be temporary--at least that's how I would have to consider it, 'cause of the age difference and long range changes and stuff--but a young newbie can be starry-eyed and gloss over those things sometimes. He just struck me as someone who was more introverted (though certainly capable of holding his own) and the mate-for-life type--and inexperienced. I would be too much for him. Friends is the best way sometimes.

Numbers can stink.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit