See Awakes critical view of doctorine change in OTHER faiths! HYPOCRITES!!!

by Lady Liberty 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kudra
    Kudra

It would be nice to know if there are any examples of people being disfellowshipped for accepting transplants...

I can totally see some Witnesses (i.e. my mom) weaseling out of that by saying that they only "recommended against it" not out and out banned it- like a disfellowshipping would prove.

Anyone know of any cases???

-K

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

WTS reminds of Hollywood making a movie of an old comic book character, they have to go and look at old editions so as trying not to contradict themselves, When differences are pointed out, they call it 'new light'. I remember growing up and my father making sure not to miss certain assembly talks because he was new information was being released, and it always turned out to be a new book.

• carla
    carla

So how would a jw spin this as old light? (if I recall showing this to my jw he asked to see something current and somehow managed to change the subject and we never got back to this wt quote.)

• lighthouse19something
    lighthouse19something

Carla, they normally used a new interpretation of some Greek or Hebrew word as the explanation

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Hey, thanks for threads like these. I don't usually reply in them because I don't have any use for the watchtower, awake, and other toilet papers, but I do check these out to remind me what a bunch of hypocritical a**holes the governing body of jehovah's witnesses are.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

BrentR: Don't forget college education. My parents would not even allow me to take college prep classes in high school. So after I graduated I had to pay to take the same classes that were free while in high school. Now it's OK for JW's to attend college.

Like you, I thought there was some change in their stance -- so I asked the question only a few days ago in this thread, Green light on higher education since 1995?
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/127900/1.ashx

You'll see their stance hasn't officially relaxed a bit. That doesn't mean that certain congregations (perhaps you attended one of these) with a more liberal-minded elder body haven't turned a blind eye to such university attendance of its members.

Fats

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Knorr wrote that article, according to urban bethel legend. You can tell he wrote it by the direct questions the article asked the reader. According to the old bethelite I talked to, those were dead giveaways that Knorr wrote it.

• oldflame
    oldflame

It amazes me that they have the BALLS to contradict themselves in public.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Here is another thing that bothers me about their statements. If you drive by any local church in my area all the church parking lot is full of cars but you drive by a kingdumb hell there are still parking spaces left, now if all these christians from other churches were so bothered by their changes why is it that they have more members than the dubbers do ? I have never seen a more hypocritical statement than what I just read....LIARS is what they are and God will have his day with them sooner than they think.

• anakolouthos
    anakolouthos

Good grief... Pot, meet Kettle. Sickening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit