JW killed in buss crash in uganda

by happy man 3 Replies latest jw friends

• happy man
    happy man

Also yesterday morning, at around 8:00am, six foreigners died when their mini-bus collided head-on with a Tata lorry at Wandago, on the Jinja-Iganga highway.

Fifteen passengers survived with injuries and were admitted to Jinja Hospital. They were later transferred to Kampala International Hospital.

Relevant Links
    East Africa
    Uganda

South-eastern regional Police commander, Christopher Kubai, said the victims were Jehovah Witnesses who were returning to Nairobi, Kenya after attending a three-day fellowship in Kampala. He named those killed as Sam Gilman and his wife Thelma from USA.

Others were Joachim Neuman and Tabitha Neuman of German nationality and their two drivers, Nicholas Mutiso and one Charles, both Kenyans. Kubai said the driver of the lorry travelling from Iganga to Jinja lost control while descending a cliff. He swerved from left to right and collided with the mini-bus. The right side of the mini-bus was smashed and rescuers used axes to retrieve the bodies.

State minister for transport, Simon Ejua, said speeding was the main cause of both accidents.

• Mary
    Mary
    Kubai said the driver of the lorry travelling from Iganga to Jinja lost control while descending a cliff. He swerved from left to right and collided with the mini-bus. The right side of the mini-bus was smashed and rescuers used axes to retrieve the bodies.

Good lord......that is awful!!!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I hate to here of anyone dying or injured. Wonder if the blood issue came up??

shell

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

This is a trajedy. A long-time elder friend of mine whom I had not seen for a while informed me one of his daughters was over on the African continent somewhere serving a new congregation. I only lamented I was so worried for her but not that he was incredibly gullible to encourage such a thing. So sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit