Thrift Store JW Literature

by Nosferatu 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I went thrift store browsing last night. Unfortunately, I didn't really find anything good. I did however run across some JW literature on the bookshelves. I'm in disbelief at how many Live Forever books are out there. But there were a couple of other interesting items. I came across the green NWT, the one with the dinosaur in it, and it was actually in fairly good shape. The other thing that really took me by surprise was a copy of Studies In The Scriptures Vol.6. I would have picked it up, but it was a 1954 edition.

• Rooster
    Rooster
    the one with the dinosaur in it,

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I 'acquired' the green NWT from somewhere - I have borrowed it for an indefinite period of time!

A few months back I got hold of 2 books - Government and the Harp of God (both 1920's editions) from a second hand book shop, there were loads of the current NWTs there too, makes you wonder who's getting rid of them all.

• rare treat
    rare treat

It is a good idea to get whatever you can get your hands on, even the green NWT.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

The other thing that really took me by surprise was a copy of Studies In The Scriptures Vol.6. I would have picked it up, but it was a 1954 edition.

That surprises me too. I had no idea they were rolling a dinosaur off the press at that time. Could that 5 have been smudged, making it 1924?

Fats

• blondie
    blondie

The Bible Students continue to print the Studies in the Scriptures. I think if you look at it carefully you will see that one of their groups listed on the publishers page.

Blondie

• Rooster
    Rooster
    That surprises me too. I had no idea they were rolling a dinosaur off the press at that time. Could that 5 have been smudged, making it 1924?

They reprinted them all. I have copies of some of the originals & some reprints.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Years ago, I found "Faith on the March" in a thrift store for 50 cents. It is a very difficult book to find, and I had always wanted to read it. After we left the JW's, I sold it on ebay for $80. Pretty good profit. By the way, I never read it, but I tried to...........boring.

• hubert
    hubert
    I came across the green NWT, the one with the dinosaur in it, and it was actually in fairly good shape.

Nos, is that on the inside cover?

I have a green nwt cc:Revised 1970, and it has a Dinosaur on the inside cover on the map of Africa. Is that the one?

Is there anything good in this green version of the nwt?

The only thing I know of is...Hebrews 1:6 (about Christ) "And let all God's angels worship Him".

my cc:Revised 1984 nwt says at Hebrews 1:6 ...."And let all Gods angels do obeisance to him".

Hey, my sis-in-law told me once that "their bible never changes". Hmmmmmmm

The 1984 nwt doesn't have the map of Africa on the inside cover, and the Dinosaur, either.

Hubert

• blondie
    blondie

As far as I know the WTS was not reprinting the Studies in the Scriptures in 1954. But Bible Student groups who left the WTS, did continue to publish these books, in fact, still print and distribute them today.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit