Floating Corpses will Point North says Golden Age Doctor

by VM44 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

From The Golden Age issue of April 30, 1930:

"It is stated that if a human corpse is left on a float in a tank it will inevitably turn with its head to the north. Even through the lifeless body the lines of magnetic force will go in the direction they prefer. It is for this reason that it is better to sleep with the head to the north, when that is possible."

This amazing statement is from an article entitled "What is E.R.A.?" written by osteopath Dr. Mae J. Work. Under her care during most of the 1920's were about 200 Bethel printers and office workers.

One wonders from what source she obtained her information.

--VM44

• blondie
    blondie

If without a compass but a traveling companion, an interesting way to determine north.

• sir82
    sir82

Well, the ones with metal plates in their heads will anyway!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

One wonders if the same holds true even if the deceased has metal pins in the feet/ankles. If so, it is a marvelous discovery and one I hope to see shortly on CSI.

Grissom: "So, have we determined a cause of death?"

"Yes sir. It seems his girlfriend forgot the way home, didn't have a flashlight to find the moss on the trees, and decided to kill him and throw him in the pool out back to see which way his head would point."

Grissom: "Ah. Have you tested the theory?"

• Mary
    Mary
    "It is stated that if a human corpse is left on a float in a tank it will inevitably turn with its head to the north. Even through the lifeless body the lines of magnetic force will go in the direction they prefer. It is for this reason that it is better to sleep with the head to the north, when that is possible."

Funny how Jehovah directed this to print in 1930, but if you tried promoting it today you'd be disfellowshipped for dabbling in demonism.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Dr. Mae J. Work

Am I to assume that her middle name is "Just"?

• Asheron
    Asheron

Blondie,

Your comment made me laugh so hard an entire turkey sandwich passed through my left nostril.

• blondie
    blondie

Asheron, be careful or you'll end up compass material.

Blondie

• Asheron
    Asheron

Blondie,

Well I have been told I have a "head" for directions.

Asheron ...aka Atilla the Pun

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

She doesn't also say that those corpses are of witches if they float?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit