How much younger or older were your JW friends at the hall

by JH 6 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I used to hang out with only older people. The ones my age were married and had kids so I didnt fit in.

I was always with people 20 and even 30 years older than me. It was as if I was their age.

I don't think it's healthy to hang around with people much older or younger like that. It kind of robs who you are.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Since you are teasing me about turning 40, I thought i would come on here and say You are much older than me. (and this is one of those feeling sorry for you posts, cuz it was getting buried!) LMAO Take that buttmunch!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

You both are OLD!

Let's see, I hung out with my age group until the congregation split. By that time I was getting to my teens - needless to say, my age group(that was left after the spilt) was forbidden to hang out with me...lol. Oh god and how true it was.....lol. I wasn't a bad kid, I just looked naughty.

I didn't care, I never liked them anyway. I had "WORLDY" friends and they had pot.....lmao.

• JH
    JH

No, No, No, I'm not old !!!!!!

When I grow up, Ill get married and have kids and get a house.

Life is still in front of me.....

• scotsman
    scotsman

I think it's pretty healthy to have friends that are much older and younger than you, in fact it's one of the things I missed when I initially left. It may not be ideal to have only older friends, but I'm not sure why you couldn't fit in with your peers that were married with kids.

• JH
    JH
    but I'm not sure why you couldn't fit in with your peers that were married with kids.

Well, the way I see it, couples invited couples over, so being single, I didn't fit in so wasn't invited....

And always hanging around with people 20 years older is not what i call normal....

These older poeple always came to me....so i didnt push them away.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I was a teen, but my friends where two very eldery women and two 11-12 years old girls.

I just didn't connect with JWs my age. I really had no desire to hang out with them at the meetings or anywhere else. Maybe because in the back of my mind, I knew the grandmas where probably hanging on because it was their whole life....and the kids, well the kids are not as brainwashed as the teens. Those girls confessed to me that they gave gifts to their friends at school for Christmas. So I do have a very faint hope for these poor children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit