Talk by brother Herd (long)

by moomanchu 70 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bobld
    bobld

Re: Are you ready for the finish line

How appropriate,he gives very good advice.The smart are determined,train hard to acquire strength,endurance,proper techniques to learn all about the history of false religion aka(wbts-J.W.) They take notes as they run the course because all along the way there are markers such as..false dates,separation work, young GB's,etc,etc,etc.He tells us to train hard so your legs and lungs won't give out when you ran like hell from this beast aka (wbts...)

Bob....Training vary hard...some very good coaches here

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I feel sorry for him. I feel sorry for his family. I feel sorry for anyone, everyone who heard that and believed.

And I would like to have some hope, also, that some of them will awaken.

Baba.

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

If this talk were being given at my KH everyone would be a full time pioneer. How dreadful they are playing on people's fear and needing their money for Kingdom Halls :P

Christ show them mercy!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

If you will all excuse me, reading that gave me a case of bum spaghetti.

Brb.

• moshe
    moshe

Unfortunately, Jehovah can't seem to find the pedophiles in the KH and get them kicked out, let alone separate out the JW's from the ones meant for destruction at Armageddon. Jehovah has a history of using a broad stroke in destroying people- I think that is why he sent Lot into Soddom to find a righteous person- Jehovah doesn't seem to have closeup vision.

• Bryan
    Bryan

If this was taken from a cd, is the audio available?

Thanks,

Bryan

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Sometimes in traveling about, and I’m not making any judgments, but sometimes I see those who claim to be of the anointed not representing anything that I’ve seen of the anointed. Sometimes they’re the biggest troublemakers in the congregation. Sometimes I’ve seen that to be the case. Sometimes they cause more fights, literally fighting I’ve actually seen that.

yeah i noticed that the last time i was in antioch

• zack
    zack

I noticed how he said we should be obedient now to the FDS because in the future there may be few or no anointed (WTS Annointed) and we will have to listen and obey the non-anointed.

Anyone else catch that? I think the GB is preparing for a shift in leadership to the great crowders.

He was also very disdainful of anyone in the religion professing a heavenly hope who didn't have the WTS stamp of approval. For a religion to claim to be Christian and deny

any of its adherents the hope to actually be with Christ, is the worst sin of all. All the other tricks aside, that has got to be the cruelest for a true believer.

Sam Herd was my DO for 3 years. He is truely over the top, a chauvinist, a zealot, and borders on the nutty. He gave a talk at our hall and used the

book "Women and Angels" which I beleive is the story of a woman that lived prior to the flood and fell in love with a fallen Angel who although repentant couldn't get back into God's

good graces. Anyway he used that book, which he said was at the Bethel Library and Gilead Library, to tell the sisters at the hall that their beauty should be on the inside---

although "I enjoy the beauty on the outside." Laughs from the audience. "But that's the point, you see, that's what those demons liked, too. The outside. God loves the inside."

He probably forgot about that when criticizing partakers who "appeared" to be less than spiritual.

Zack----

• Rational Witness
    Rational Witness

Ha! Now THAT's what I call "playing the race card"! JW's are desperate to believe this sort of "us versus them" polemic because so many have sacrificed so much--or simply were never going to have much--in this world. It appeals to the worst in human nature, offering them vindication over the ones who have enjoyed what they did not (an education, a career, an enjoyment of family life, etc.). Rational Witness

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Now you might laugh, but here’s the point I’m trying to make: Jesus not only requires that you run the race with good flare, but he also requires that you run according to the rules. You can run as hard as you want to, but when you get down to that point where he sits there on his judgment throne and he sees that zigzag, you cut all across that lane, he may well say that you’re a goat and not a sheep, much to your surprise. We don’t want that brothers.

I wonder if this zigzagging is the same as tacking, mentioned on pg. 27 of the Dec. 1, 1981 Watchtower:

However, it may have seemed to some as though that path has not always gone straight forward. At times explanations given by Jehovah's visible organization have shown adjustments, seemingly to previous points of view. But this has not actually been the case. This might be compared to what is known in navigational circles as "tacking." By manuevering the sails the sailors can cause a ship to go from right to left, back and forth, but all the time making progress toward their destination in spite of contrary winds. And that goal in view for Jehovah's servants is the "new heavens and a new earth" of God's promise. -- 2 Pet. 3:13

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit