Need Help RE UN NGO Issue

by Yerusalyim 6 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I've been absent from the discussion, and honestly, I'm lazy. Can someone please capsulate the issue of the Society and it's status as an NGO with the UN. A one page summary of the facts and issues would be cool.

THANKS

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• DIM
    DIM

scroll down...theres a couple of threads that lay it out perfectly.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Yeah, but which ones?

YERUSALYIM

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Y,

If you are truly interested you would read the entire thread that is now some 10 pages long. By the first page you will get a handle on the issue. By the tenth you will be amased at what we have done.

It is very important that you have a handle on the whole thing.

Keep in mind this, The WTS back in 1991 and with the knowledge and support of the Governing Body (former member W.L. Barry is on the application form) solicited the United Nations Department of Public Information as a Non-Governmental Organziation to become "associated" with the Department of Public Information (DPI). In doing so, the WTS agreed to support and respect the principles of the Charter of the United Nations and publish DPI information to its members that supported the United Nations goals etc.

Only problem with this is that you have been taught the UN is the scarlet coloured wild beast of the Book of Rev. or the disgusting thing in the Book of Daniel. And that all churches that help the UN are on the harlot riding the back of the beast (or something similar to that). So it looks like the FDS has a major double standard going.

So do you see a problem with this? Especially if you are one of the 100s of JWs rotting in jail because you are doing what the FDS told you with respect to joining the military or who was abused at school for not standing up to the flag etc.

Read the whole 10 pages of the thread I will bring it back to the top for you.

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Yer.

I just bttt the following thread for you. Read it all.
    ( http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=10732&page=10&site=3

hawk

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

THANKS HAWK, I feel smarter now.

YERUSALYIM

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Yerusalim,

thanks for your interest. You have already

received and answer concerning the link.

Hawkaw wrote:

"If you are truly interested you would read the entire thread that is now some 10 pages long. By the first page you will get a handle on the issue. By the tenth you will be amazed at what we have done."

I do agree with him. The topic is "10 sections" long and has
    received over 185 contributions. I'm sure that you'll not
    waste your precious time in reading it.

Greetings, J.C;MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit