BBC Report "Jehovah`s Witnesses à Charge"

by GLADIATOR 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• misocup
    misocup
    Ted Jaracz

Who is this guy? What a smug S.O.B.!!! He had no answer so he made some biblical reference and dismissed the lowly woman.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    What the hell does the Biblical passage about "not going beyond what is written" have to do with the privacy acts/laws...

It's worse than that. In the context, what Ted said was: "You have a written statement; the Bible says not to go beyond what is written."

The written statement, of course, was from the dubs' PR office. But the biblical reference is to things written in the Bible.

Perhaps without realizing it, old Ted made one thing crystal clear: The WT leaders view their own writings as equal to "what is written" in the Bible.

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies
    Perhaps without realizing it, old Ted made one thing crystal clear: The WT leaders view their own writings as equal to "what is written" in the Bible.

More than likely he was referring to the apparently controversial "two witness rule" that is in the bible.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    More than likely he was referring to the apparently controversial "two witness rule" that is in the bible

No, watch the tape. He said: "You have a written statement (from the WTS). The Bible says not to go beyond the things that are written."

Then he walked away, leaving no doubt that he believes anything written by his organization is equal to biblical writings.

• Death to the Pixies
    Death to the Pixies

I guess you could you interpret it that way, or maybe he was referring to the "written statement" which could have contained the policy of Jws-which for congregational matters contains the biblical "two witness rule". I doubt he was referring to anything other than that. Watch it again and see if my crazy assertion is possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit