Skepticism of others

by onlycurious 2 Replies latest jw friends

• onlycurious
    onlycurious

I invited 2 of my jw employees out to go out with a bunch of women....a night on the town. Yeah!

Anyway, all we are going to do is go to this pottery place where we can sit around and paint pottery together and then go out for a bite to eat. It should be a lot of fun and there will be a variety of age groups going.

Well, my one employee who I consider a personal friend was excited and unhesitant to attend. The other employee (recently baptized within the last yr) was not so eager. She smiled and everything but wanted to know what we all do. I politely explained that this was a group of people from all over, not just my church and that we were just going to hang out.

Am I reading into it or could it be that she thinks I am going to corner her and trap her into something? She just seem kind of skeptical and never did answer me as to whether or not she wants to go.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Witnesses are strongly discouraged from "association" with non-believers unless absolutely necessary. One must often associate with others for their employment, but if an event is optional, and especially if it falls on a meeting night, a witness may feel that they would be choosing "worldly" association over association with their spiritual brothers and sisters. If one is recently baptized, they are likely to be even more zealous in this observance.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

They are programmed to think all people outside of the org are bad associates, if they give in once and it becomes known by the elders they may get a visit and most likely will hear this scripture which would put an end to any further deviation from the RULES

"He that is faithful in little things will be faithful in big things and he that is unfaithful in little things will unfaithful in big things"

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit