Truth

by darth frosty 8 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

This may get a lil dizzying...Do J.W.s love truth or are they merely satisfied that they have the truth? As we know the witnesses describe their form of worship as the truth. This implies that they are right and all others are wrong, with out them having to put it in those exact words. On the other hand we know that the light (read truth) keeps getting brighter. So it begs the question which is more important the changeable adaptable truths, or the hard line unyeilding truth?

Just a lil thought

• troucul
    troucul

I think once one gets satisfaction, they don't want anyone to take that away from them. JW's stop asking questions. I think they've stopped searching and stopped questioning. They're happy, so whatever...

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

So satisfaction is the ultimate truth? When witness go out they have there pre-planed question's, to try and attract 'those looking for the truth.' They give their spiel about living forever, God getting rid of the wicked (they make it seem like god hates the wicked but in reality its the people we feel have done us wrong, we imagine being destroyed.) The person thinks that this is deep because of the simplicity of it and the hook is set. Once properly assimulated, that initial satisfaction keeps them faithfull.

Maybe thats why the society is all ways harping on remembering the zeal you had at first, cause like a hit of crack you will always be chasing that initial feeling of satisfaction.

• troucul
    troucul

I think so...

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Assertions about reality become dogma. Jehovah's Witnesses love dogma especially their dogma. They are like a person that sits down to eat a meal but mistakes the menu for the food. They eat it then offer it to you" Take a bite, tastes a little like paper but its good for you, very nourishing... don't you agree?" If they replaced the word "truth" with the word "dogma'.... are you in the "Dogma" , when did you first learn the "Dogma", the "Dogma" keeps getting brighter , if they used that term they would make more sense.

How spiritualy nourishing is dogma?

"Eat my body", "drink my blood"," waters of life", "leave self behind": these are metaphors describing the way into truth itself, into life itself as it is happening now. A new perceptiion. That perception is spiritually nourishing, unlike dogma which has no life giving properties.

What is truth? It is what is at every instant. In its largest sense it is a verb not a noun.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I think that everyone has their own version of what is "truth". For some people it is fixed to their own ideals, for others (read JW's) it's fixed on the ideals of old men in Brooklyn. These old men tickle their ears with "truths" about living forever and "back it up with scripture"; bit and pieces yes, but the bible says it! Until that truth is proven to be untruth, they will follow and obey, and after ... some will still follow and obey and make excuses, others will end up here. So truth in a nut-shell ... all perception and convenience.

Kwin

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

No one likes to be wrong and it takes humility to say that you are. It takes humility to say I am sorry that I misled you, I was wrong. The track record speaks for itself. That is the truth!

abr

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

My main question of wonderment(if its not a word it should be) is why a religion that, on the surface claims to be so dedicated to the 'truth' and facts, is so against these same facts when brought to light against them?

They bring truth and seemingly scientific knowledge to the fore when they initiate converts. What is it that happens once your initiated, that causes you to shun all future logic? I know about the puppet masters in BRKLN but I'm talking bout the R&F.

• Gill
    Gill

If it keeps changing, then it was never Truth!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit