Would they bother preaching

by Bobhere 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Bobhere
    Bobhere

If your average publisher believed that the big A was definately not going to come in their lifetime would they bother preaching?

Given that they believe that when you die you go to sleep and wake up in a paradise earth with a clean slate what would be the point of preaching. Those that have spent there lives as JW's and died what have they gained.

Without the constant threat of the end of the world any day now their preaching is meaningless

• garybuss
    garybuss

If they believed that dead people get a free pass into the paradise, why don't they go door to door killing people?

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I think you missed your calling as a comic Gary. Your one liners are tooo much.

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

Well, if they couldn't'/or didn't count their 'time', I doubt many would bother preaching, and probably they would drastically cut down if they thought the end was a long way off!

Outaservice (see I quit)

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The diehard jws would still preach, however far off they thought armageddon was. They are taught they have to earn their salvation by working on behalf of the watchtower publishing company, and without all these works, they run the risk of missing out. The less zealous ones probably wouldn't do much though, they'd probably reason that they could wait until the big A was a bit closer, then get a bit busier.

• zack
    zack

Gary,

I have thought and actually said the same thing many times. People think I'm being silly. After they have a chance to think about it they stop laughing.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

No NO NO NOOOO!!!

HB

• gymbob
    gymbob

There's really no such thing as, "What if they knew it wasn't going to come [whenever]".

That's the one thing the borg really counts on....nobody knows the day or hour, so they MUST preach.

They have all the bases covered, it's actually borderline brilliant in my opinion.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Witnesses used to tell me the worldly people were being judged by how they reacted to our presentation with the literature at their door. They'd have a better chance if they never saw us. By going to their door, we were exposing them to danger.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit