Guess the Sexist

by Deputy Dog 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Who wrote:

It is generally admitted that with woman the powers of intuition, of rapid perception, and perhaps of imitation, are more strongly marked than in man; but some, at least, of these faculties are characteristic of the lower races, and therefore of a past and lower state of civilisation.
    The chief distinction in the intellectual powers of the two sexes is shewn by man's attaining to a higher eminence, in whatever he takes up, than can woman- whether requiring deep thought, reason, or imagination, or merely the use of the senses and hands. If two lists were made of the most eminent men and women in poetry, painting, sculpture, music (inclusive both of composition and performance), history, science, and philosophy, with half-a-dozen names under each subject, the two lists would not bear comparison. We may also infer, from the law of the deviation from averages, so well illustrated by Mr. Galton, in his work on Hereditary Genius, that if men are capable of a decided pre-eminence over women in many subjects, the average of mental power in man must be above that of woman.
  • ellderwho
    ellderwho

L.Ron Hubard?

• Xena
    Xena

Nos??

Actually I googled it so I won't say....very interesting answer though.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

that was darwin in the Descent of Man.

bestest of regards DD,

tetrapod

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

sorry. that was charles darwin, in case anyone missed that.

• troucul
    troucul

I wish I was sober to make a coherent reply...

• vitty
    vitty

Taze Russell

• jinjam
    jinjam

tetra is so right! the books called "The Descent Of Man And Selection In Relation To Sex"

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Now we know where CTR got his ideas on women.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Dawkins?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit