SEVERE WEATHER WARNING FOR RUSH HOUR

by Crumpet 22 Replies latest social current

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Its getting frighteningly windy here. At the moment it is between 50 and 60mph but for rush hour in two hours time it is predicted to get up to 80mph gusts here.

Outside one of my director's has just had a branch blow into his Jaguar rear screen smashing it. Our 20 story building a few doors away is beuing evacuated because sheets of glass are blowing in!

And all the train lines are experiecing delays owing to the trees on the line - what are the chances I will ever get home tonight! The noise is horrendous!

Anymore wind reports from around where you are in the UK?

Also read that the Managing Director of Birmingham Airport was killed in his BMW as a branch blew into his windscreen.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

It's very gusty here, but no serious damage so far - just fence panels blown in, and a few ridge tiles missing from our neighbours' houses.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Dont forget to bolt your chair down, and wear your seatbelt as you type!

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

no wind here ...but quite deep snow..well deep for scotland..got sent home early from college..but it will probably be gone overnight

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

You should try window cleaning in it!!!

(Whoever started the "Janitor" thread. . .25 years but I'm nearly, nearly out of the job. just a day here and there. All because it was wrong to go to college)

• juni
    juni

Take care all of you! Use a sound mind in your decisions. Jeez I sound like a raving JW lunatic! lol Not meant that way.

Juni

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Ok.

I'll only do the downstairs

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    You should try window cleaning in it!!!

never again.. never again

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

We're getting pretty strong gusts here - maybe 60-70mph.

I'm sat next to a large window (about 15x9ft) and I can see it bowing when the wind hits it (s'ok, its toughened and coated, although it will probably flatten me if it blows in!)

I don't know what state my house will be in when I get home - its higher up than where I am at the mo

• bebu
    bebu

Sounds like hurricane strength winds, or nearly such.

Bundle up and hunker down. I hope your electricity stays on!!!

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit