Going door to door to recruit members doesn't work

by JH 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Joshinaz
    Joshinaz

Also they measure their numbers of PEAK publishers, who only now have to record 15 minutes a month to be included as a active witness.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

eric,

I agree with you...I wasn't arguing for or against the stats other than to point out how numbers can be manipulated to create confusing information. The JW's do have some growth in the USA, but the greater increases are outside of the Western countries. If we really drilled down into how the increases were determined, I am sure that the majority of increase among JW's is from the addition of the children of current members to the "new" membership roles. The Pew Report also notes that JW's have the highest attrition rate of "born in" members. If we were to determine net growth rates of JW's solely by their addition of recruits from the door to door work, I would guess we would see a zero or negative growth rate in the USA.

TYA

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

More than anything else, the "Field Service" is a stick with which to beat the Rank and File with.

I can recall an elder once as good as saying such;

- only he phrased it as "the best measure we have of determining his or her level of spirituality."

As if that square on the Monthly Field Service Report Form, entitled "Hours", bears any resemblance to spirituality!

Bill

• moshe
    moshe

JWs have said over and over that JWs are the only one preaching the good news of jehoobah's kingdom D2D. There is no way they can find a way worm out of that one. If they shut it down then that will be an admission that the D2D work wasn't one of the signs of the true religion after all.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I chuckle once in a while over the predicament the WTS is in.

Is it wrong for me to chuckle?

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit