Can I tell you a question?

by The Dragon 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

My little boy used to say that when he was three....Think I need a DNA test?

Sorry..I just had to share that.

• skyking
    skyking

In a strange kind of way if you think about it the saying kind of makes sense. If you ask a question you are telling it.

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

I know...kind of amazing what we can learn from 3 year olds isn't it?

They are less resticted by brainwashing and indoctrination than we are...and speak their thought without fear of repercussions to restain them..unlike many of us. (myself included)

They may hold many answers to our problems.

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

bit like half a dozen of one,six to 1 of the other

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

?

Whats that mean?

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

How cute, what little ones can come up with! Had a friend [when I was in that cult]whose little girl ask her grandmother if she could have a certain whatknot when she died. Her grandmother said yes. The little girl said"Do I have to give it back when your ressurected?" I think she was like 4 years.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Dragon,

How precious is that!!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Maybe your wife was scared by a cajun. They tell you questions, they don't aX them.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

When she was pregnant that is.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

It makes more sense, but probably not as much as "here's a question" or "would you answer this question for me"

It seems that "can I ask you a question?" must be embedded as a standard phrase in U.S. language these days, because I'm always hearing it on U.S. movies and TV (and it makes me cringe) - the thing is, you've already asked a question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit