Who believes in reincarnation and enlightenment??

by Aphrodite 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• some-xjw-guy
    some-xjw-guy

Hi Ian, I love Tibetan Buddhism. While I am no expert in that tradition or even Buddhism in general, one thing that strikes me is how people in general don't make the distinction between that karmic pattern and I guess what you'd call Buddha Nature. We know the teaching about the bodhisattva being like the moon's reflection in the water, it does not intend to shine but it simply does because that is its nature. But then theres the idea of good karma and merit, but I just figure doesn't that belong to the relative cycle of cause and effect, death and rebirth? Isn't the whole point to not be in bondage to that deterministic cycle? I suppose we have the classic idea of the good person, but then being free and being good aren't exactly the same. Of course, BEING free by its very nature will carry that energy and influence, so I guess it just follows that effect will be there regardless of the intent to do good by an idea of good, eh?

• Satanus
    Satanus

A couple of times, when i was eating boiled egg breakfast, i had flashbacks to being a dinosaur.

S

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

moshe

My only conclusion was that I had been a WW2 German Luftwaffe fighter pilot in a previous life and was shot down in the war.

AH, well that proves it then... to you. Which is fine, even if I can think of a dozen reasons why you felt the way you did...

I love it as a concept, but despite my predisposition find no evidence that would make me accept it was a fact.

To me enlightenment is realising that we are just clever €ucking monkey's; space flight and genocide, Bach and Kingdum Melodies. And this is it. no refunds or re-admission. If our lives are meaningless, it is our own fault as we are the only ones that can supply our lives meaning.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Abaddon

To me enlightenment is realising that we are just clever €ucking monkey's;

That's undertsnadable. It may be coming from so many previous lives as a baboon

S

• Clam
    Clam

How ironic that reincarnation is making a comeback.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    How ironic that reincarnation is making a comeback.

lol very cute clam No, not really. I have been through this with my husband and Starmoore, but I still just don't see it. It's interesting I was at a body mind spirit festivl not long ago and this really interesting fellow (who sounded remarkably like Austin Powers,lol) had a little seminar about past lives, and by the time I came out, I still wasn't convinced. So no.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit