yet another email...

by puck 22 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

I know there's a lot of pain behind words here from most if not all of the posters.

Yet it amazes me how we can look at it all and laugh at it for what it is. We've all suffered to some extent yet by coming here we can get some relief by sharing our experiences and reading other's encouragement and go away with a smile that we have been understood - validated.

Juni

• Rebirth
    Rebirth

Puck, you have got to send what odrade wrote back to your parents. That is beautiful odrade and points out how dysfunctional the Watchtower's approach truly is. Thanks for sharing that!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    OMG, I called my dad yesterday...after years ...I wasn't feeling down at all...actually I called to tell him I love him and wanted him in my life. He said...Are you going to the KH? I said no...he said you need to get back before it's too late. I said..to late for what? He said you know what. I said..I've decided I didn't want to live in your paradise earth. I just wanted to love my family, and friends now. That's why I'm calling, because I love you and I miss you...... He said...I can't talk to you unless you go back to the KH.

Lisa..must have been a link to some tape recorder going around. Mom called secretly when everyone else went out (how pathetic that an old woman must phone her kids secretly) to find out if we had gotten the latest news - that Armaggedon is coming NOW and we must prepare. Of course this was countered with our response that this was already pushed back in 95 and its the same old story heard all our lives so there is no urgency-whats different? This stopped the conversation in mid stride and took the wind out of her sails but we were reminded by her that 'nothing' would make her compromise her faith - in other words - I'm showing you I love you by calling you once a year but under no circumstances will I allow you to visit me or call me unless you are reinstated. sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit