I suppose I should stop lurking,

by SacrificialLoon 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Howdy, Texan from your neighbor to the East. If you're still in Texas that's a great state to be in where there seems to be regular Apostafests -- informal gatherings that are a great deal like my wife's class reunions. I think there's one coming up in Austin. Check out that section on our board. We'd all love to shake your hand while we partake in fun food and drink -- but especially our (and your) good rest-of-the-story tales.

I too, am a user of Firefox. I cannot make IE work at all. So, along with Firefox I use the plugin Xinha that brings up (with a right click inside the editor) an entirely new editor window. There are many good options within this new editor and most of them seem to work -- not flawlessly, but okay.

Fats

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy SacrificialLoon and welcome.

Chris

• choosing life
    choosing life

Welcome and glad to have you post. Now that you're over the major hurdle of the first post, I look forward to hearing more from you.

The guilt that the jw religion puts in people's minds is enormous. It sometimes makes us doubt even the most rational thoughts we have. Only mind control can do that. Even after we break away physically, those little thoughts keep popping up in our heads from time to time. All I can say is they did quite the job on us.

This is a good place to come to remind yourself that you are not crazy or bad or unworthy. You're just being honest with yourself. Keep coming around.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon
    great avatar btw.

Thanks, I've been a Rush fan for some time (the band not the blowhard), and I thought starman from "2112" was a good avatar. 2112 lyrics

"Sacrificial Loon" is a wonderful screen name! Welcome. I don't know if you think it's funny, but I did laugh out loud at your sn! Congrats on getting on board here!

I did mean for it to be funny, I sat there for a while to think of one, and then inspiration struck. It might be a little blasphemous, but that's ok. :)

If you're still in Texas that's a great state to be in where there seems to be regular Apostafests

Apostafest? lol, I like that name. I'll have to look for that.

Come chat with us at one of two places, f you're not to afraid to chat with apostates. ;-) http://gabbly.com/www.jehovahs-witness.com www.thomschat.com

Maybe I'll have to check those out. Is there any particular time that they're usually active?

Thanks for all the comments, and welcomes.

• Xena
    Xena

Yay another Texan to add to our ranks!

• I quit!
    I quit!

Welcome to the board Loon.

As for annointed JWs my opinion is that some Jehovah's Witnesses are so cheap they just claim to be annointed to get some free crackers and wine once a year.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Welcome SacrificialLoon!

Nice to have you here!

GGG

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

Welcome to the board, SL.

I wasn't born in the truth, I came in voluntarily (eek!) Well, that's over and done with, thank goddess! Anyway, one of the things I was always entirely skeptical of was the "annointed" and all that "abba, father" stuff. According to JW doctrine, it's absolutely true, anyone can claim they are of the annointed. And who are we to judge? In fact, according to JW doctrine, we are NOT to be judges of each other. So all this crap involving Elders and Judicial Committees is such that - so much crap.

Anyway, back to the annointed. The doctrine is a double-edged sword dangling over the head of the old buzzards on the GB in New York. On the one hand, they WANT the freedom to be able to appoint/annoint anyone they want (yes men, every last one of them) to the GB, and it doesn't make any difference that they were born well after the class of the annointed supposedly closed for good in 1935. By the way, anyone born in 1935 would today be at least 71 years old. On the other hand, since the doctrine IS so wide open, ANYONE, and I do mean anyone, can claim that they are annointed. And so they have. That's why we have not seen a steady decrease in the numbers of annointed over the years, although statistics say that we should see a steady decline. Instead, in some years, we've actually seen INCREASES in the number of annointed. Now, according to JW doctrine, the only way an annointed one can be replaced is if he (or she) falls into gross unrepentant sin (or something like that); then, and only then, is a replacement designated by Jehovah's Holy Spirit. What I'm not clear on, and it seems that no one is clear on, is whether this annointed-now-sinner has to die in order to be replaced with a new annointed, or if he or she only has to be an unrepentant sinner for a certain amount of time, say six months (buy now, pay later).

That's a sideline, though. The important point is that, according to the JW doctrine, there must be a LOT of unrepentant sinning annointed ones out there, judging by the amount of increase of new annointed we are seeing in the yearly statistics. So, you are absolutely 100% right in questioning this JW doctrine. It's got a hole through it as large as the hole one finds in old-fashioned "ring-baloney" (sometimes called "ringed-baloney", hence the old saying, you're full of baloney i.e., your story has such a big hole in it, you can drive a TRUCK through it, ha ha ha!)

So, that's the thought process I went through, and through subsequent lurking and reading here, discovered that lots of other people "discovered" the same home truths. One other important thing, people are here for lots of different reasons, or maybe no reason at all, they just enjoy it. But in our own ways, we're all on journeys to either enlarge what truth we already know, or to discover our own truth for ourselves. And none of that truth has anything to do with "The Truth" as sold by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Sacrificialloon,

Its nice ta have ya here. Isn't it amazing the games our brain can play with us? You are fine, no impending destruction, just the vaugeries of life itself. So, stay well, keep reading and enjoy your escape.

We're pulling for you!

W.Once

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

Hello and welcome!! You will find peace of mind here.

WW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit