Castro - If he dies - then what?

by AK - Jeff 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Cuba will probably become the next big tourist destination for Americans. Especially the old car afficianados (collectors).

They will buy up every old 1940's and 1950's car they can find......paying the Cuban owners more money than they have made in their life.

Then you will see Cuban's by the masses driving Japanese and Korean imports.

HappyDad

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Just read the about ops and things that have gone wrong - that does not sound good for a man his age. My brother had similar conditions and he nearly didn't pull through, but Castro is much older and probably weaker healthwise than my brother.

I hope Cuba will be more open someday, they seem to already moving that direction anyway.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Hi Happy Dad;

Nothing worth buying on those cars in Cuba.

I doubt there is a single original part left (including the frame)

The (running) cars I saw were mostly Russian. The old Chevys all have Russian engines, are cancer ridden and have had their bodies replaced piece by piece with hand hammered parts.

The only reason most European men go to Cuba is because the hookers are dirt cheap. The US blockade has created an economy so depressed that young women sell themselves to fat Germans for (literally) a lipstick. Not so good if you're Cuban, and a farking DISGRACE to have that situation 90 miles from the US. The whores in Washington are so greedy for the Miami bloc-vote that they are willing to sacrfice a neighboring nation to get it.

Castro came along and ousted Batista precisely because US backed Batista was 10 times worse that anything that Castro has even been accused of much less guilty of. Those "political prisoners?" The majority were in jail for either not serving their mandatory national service period or because they were criminals. I've met enough Witnessses who left Cuba's jails and came to the US from Mariel to have heard this enough to realize it is the truth. How many realize that SLAVERY was accepted under Batista? That's right, slaves in Cuba in 1960. Castro ended all that and the "First-Families" that fled to Miami in 1960 were the owners. If you ever get a chance to see a video of the Cubans arriving in MIA in 1960, look closely. They are all Euro-White. The Cubans that live in Cuba today are all of varying degrees of African-blood. Basically the rich white people escaped not because of Castro and his 50 followers armed with pistols (remember that there was a standing army under Batista of over 5,000 men), but because they were afraid of the repercussions of all those years of mis-treating the blacks.

Personally I'd like to see Raul Castro take over. That way when I travel there VIA Mexico I won't be knee-deep in American tourists. It will also royally PO Miami royalty like Ileana Ros-Lehtinen; she is a "Cuban" US Congressman who has never been to Cuba.

Which brings up the question, how can you be "Cuban" if you have never been there? Miami is close enough I guess.....

• Golf
    Golf

Just another PAWN will replace him!

Golf

• lowden
    lowden

I agree mostly with MinisterAmos.

I personally, was in Cuba Summer 2006 and was shocked how cynical the country has become towards tourists. Trying to rip you off at every turn. A far cry from how welcoming and hospitable they were in the early 90's.

I hope that when Castro dies that it can stay relatively untouched. Fat chance.

Although Castro kicked out Batista and his American crones and things are better than they were, i can't really feel all that good about him.

His people live in poverty, still tied to ration books. He doesn't!!

Then again, Communism usually does spawn dictators.

I firmly believe that if Ernesto Guevara could come back to see the state of the country, he would revolt again. But this time against his former comrade.

Peace

Lowden

• zack
    zack

After winning the Spanish-American War the United States failed in their mission towards Cuba. Like Guam and Puerto Rico, the US

should have made Cuba a protectorate. With the US Government as the final authority, the US Constitution would have been applied

to all matters of law. And Cuba would have advanced socially just as the US advanced. Do not forget that in 1958 the US had harsh segregation,

deep poverty in the rurals, and little opportunity for upward mobility for those born poor and a literacy rate not much greater than neighbor countries

at that time. Cuba needed to evolve, just as the US evolved. Cuba, however, did not have a tradition of democracy like the US. Frankly, it did not have a true system of

law. It had a colonial economic and justice system, the very type of system the US overthrew in 1776. Jose Marti notwithstanding, Cuba was very slow to shed

its deep colonial roots and Hacienda based traditions which perpetuated economic servitude, both among Euro White and Afro Cubans. But to say that White Cubans hated

blacks is simply not true. They were seperate societies but equal in many ways. For instance, if you were born poor, whether black or white, chances were equally great that you died

poor. They were people of their times the same as American Whites were people of their time the same as Thomas Jefferson and George Washington were men of their times and

possessed public policies which were at conflict with their private feelings.

Cubans did not embrace Castro, they embraced the IDEA of change, of social and economic justice, of reform, and an end to the deep corruption of their government. Castro just

fed the idea and was then cunning enough to eliminate the other men around him who truly had the LOVE of the people--- men such as Camilo Cienfuegos who "disappeared" somewhere

over the ocean. Of the Euro-White Cubans who fled the government of Castro, a very small percentage were elites. The rest were people who wanted to be able to think

for themselves, worship for themselves, decide for themselves and for their families what was best for THEM and did not want government controlling their every move and dictating

where they would live, what they would study, how much they could eat, where they could travel to, etc.... And many stayed when they could have left for one reason or another, like not

leaving behind a son who was 15 years old and could not leave the country because he was now of military age. But what if you had two daughters and a son? Could you have sacrificed

the future of the daughters for your son? It was a choice many people were given by the government--- to choose between your family and the future.

Life after Castro? I hope that it can be a good life full of gentle breezes and peace. I hope they can have a life of justice where young girls do not have to prostitute themselves in order to

feed their families, where people can think, and write, and worship and travel and live as a free people with the opportunities that we take for granted in the U.S.

After 50 years of deprivation I think they deserve better.

• read good books
    read good books

I think we need to worry more about our own government right now, it's becoming more and more of a police state.

• jstalin
    jstalin

One more dead tyrant. Party at my place.

• Scully
    Scully

Cuban cigars for everyone??

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Same as the watchtower. Nothing will change. The peolple don't want it enough. He is a dying 80 year old man and his brother is not what I would call a leader either. Just a guy lucky enough to be his brother. If they can't overthrow that, what hope is there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit