The death of the last Jehovah's Witness

by free2beme 27 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

Obituary January 13, 2095

Image Preview

John McDonald 1990-2095

The last known Jehovah's Witness died today, of natural causes at his home in Brooklyn NY. He survived by three children, six grandchildren and two great grand-children. While few people in this modern day and age remember the once aggressive Christian sect, of Jehovah's Witnesses, Mr. McDonald was raised in a time of both their largest numbers and quickest downfall. He was baptized at the age of 17, at a District Convention of 8,000 people and yet as a sign of the time, was the only one to be baptized at that Convention. The Witness religion had began to unravel, with new teachings of Bible prophesies coming to completion, that were to be the signs of the immediate end, with years following and no end in sight.

By 2016, Mr McDonald stated that his congregation went from 150 publishers attending at his time of baptism to just a half dozen attending on any given meeting night. He stated in his book, "The last of a dying faithful," that he felt that Satan was truly winning and he would hold on to the end, even if it did not happen before his own death, Many wondered, if he did this because of faith or simply because of no other known options. Which was common to the Witness faith, throughout it's active history. By 2018, the Watchtower Society was forced to close over 50% of it's Kingdom Halls, due to lack of funding and attendance and many others were forced to rent theirs out to local events to make ends meet. Something that did not go over well for many faithful left in the religion. Especially in Chicago in 2021 when a Kingdom Hall was used as a nightclub and strip bar for three months, without elders of the local congregation knowing. Again, in Mr McDonald's book he stated in a Chapter entitled, "Babylon in our home", he mentioned his uncomfortable feelings with the Governing Body to not check on who was renting the halls and why. Although, to the end, he never publicly declared any ill will or true negative feelings towards the Governing Body, even when they appointed a woman to their position in 2035 from lack of enough men attending anymore.

By 2041 when the Witnesses were down to just 50 congregation left worldwide and an average age of 65 attended, Mr McDonald was still out in field service once a week. He mentioned how no one ever came to go with him anymore, and he had to print Watchtowers from before 2025 himself, he still preached the message from door to door. You see, after 2025, the Watchtower rights were sold to a local printing firm who used the name for advertising benefits and soon you would read about Jesus history, next to an ad for Pepsi. Soon it went from bad to worse, when the new publisher of the Watchtower tried to resurrect a dying title with a new series on, "Sexy woman of sin," in which for the first time in 2028 a full nude center fold was placed in it's pages. Most people don't even realize this magazine name today, for it's Christian publication history, as it is now sold behind the counter as a nudity magazine called, "Watchtower, proclaiming the beauty of sex."

Mr McDonald was known as the last Witness from 2045 on. When there was no longer a record keeping of those attending. Although a Mrs Tina Burns in Kentucky also claimed the title, until her death two years before Mr McDonald, it was later learned she was never baptized as a Witness and actually attended a Catholic Church every Sunday to her death. Mr McDonald's passing is a page out of a long ago history, and soon many people will not even know the name Jehovah's Witness anymore with his death. Although, as the Pope stated in 2070, she felt that many religions in time do change and like the Witnesses, even the Catholic church itself may soon find it's roles down to near record lows in time.

Mr McDonald will be buried at noon Saturday, and services will be handled by a his children in a traditional Witness ceremony. Although, at the time of this publishing, his son was quoted to say, "Was it really this boring", and might end up just reading a poem instead. Mr McDonalds final words were, "Why so long ... "

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

very, VERY creative.... (hehe) you write well!

• free2beme
    free2beme

Just having some fun. I love to write, espcailly short stories.

• Gill
    Gill

It could well be scarily prophetic!!!

It is probably the way the WTBTS will go, not with a bang but with a whimper!

Well written free2bme! Poor Mr McDonald......

To be honest, it has brought home the sheer futility and hopelessnes of being a JW. Very funny, but very sad also.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I truly doubt the Witnesses will disappear over night. You will, as I suggest here, have those who would hold on to the bitter end.

• POs Son
    POs Son

That is one well written piece of work! I especially appreciate the female pope reference.

• Anitar
    Anitar

"Watchtower, proclaiming the beauty of sex."

Ha ha ha ha! Good idea with the female Pope too!

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

I hope it happens sooner. I want to see the end of the WT in my lifetime. I'd be 145 or so if this story comes true.

Wait! Can I be the oldest living apostate??

Guten Nachmittag, Anitar. Wie geht's?

• steve2
    steve2

By 2095, any media reporting would have to answer the immediate question, "who are Jehovah's Witnesses?" because their decline would mean they'd have a much reduced public profile. It'd be a little bit like today's media coverage of the nineteenth century sect, the Christadelphians who - so history books tell us - used to sweep through the USA, preaching loudly in the streets. Nowadays, people don't have the foggiest about the Christadelphians - yet their name was anathema around the late 1800s early 1900s.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

That really was actually very good writing. I goof around like that too sometimes. Did you ever think about sitting down and writing a "real" book?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit