Mom is having a rough time right now

by Junction-Guy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

David, I am so sorry about Mom. Grandpa will be Grandpa. I have never met anybody as giving as your mother. she is the best. but she needs to slow it down for her health. Give my best wishes!

amanda

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Hi Amanda, Im sorry I didnt notice your post the other day, I just now saw it. Yeah grandpa is being very spiteful to mom, she dont need to take it anymore. I told her 2 months ago, to put his A double S in a nursing home and not let him talk to her like that. talk later

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Take care of mom, visit Grampa like a dutiful grandson, but don't neglect your mom when he can afford care. Seems to me that after all the care she has given him, she should be able to stay with him and he could hire staff to care for BOTH of them. Doubt that that would happen. You mom is blessed to have a son that loves and cares for her. And obviously you have some feelings for grampa-even if they aren't all great ones. Bless the step gramma, there is a special place in heaven for people who have to put up with coots like him. Whats funny is that your grampa has it so good now for free. He will go into a nursing home where he will get (if he is lucky) competent care, rarely terribly caring, and no love. Your mom loves her dad and did it for free. How little it would have cost him to simply be kind and a little grateful. How little to pay for their care for a couple of months so your mom could get a well deserved recovery and rest. Its sad when we don't know how rich we really are, or that our real wealth isn't the kind you can store in a bank vault.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

He is a very greedy man, and has lots of money. He lived 50 miles away from Amanda and I in Hazard Kentucky, and refused to help us in any way. When my car broke down, he begrudgingly helped to patch it up, and then talked to me like a dog.

So I'm guessing he's the jw of the house ?

Sorry, just read that he wasn't - shouldn't fall for my own stereotyping

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit