What was the worst (or funniest) thing you got caught doing at a meeting?

by danfromma 36 Replies latest jw friends

• BrentR
    BrentR

Sorta like kingdom hall vice/Don johnson look? Were you able to incorporate any pastels into your meeting ensemble?

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Aside from the giggles which was common at almost every meeting, my little sister and I would steal all the family books and sit on them so we would appear to be very tall, When it came time for the song we'd get busted by my mom every time (don't ask me why she didn't notice when she looked over at us during the sesion).
    A few years ago my parents had this thing where they thought they should encourage me to go to meetings even though I hadn't been, in forever. So they invited me and my live in boyfriend (at the time) to come to their house for bookstudy. Well aside from the fact that my boyfriend had long black dreads to the middle of his back and seemed to freighten most of the group, the bookstudy conductor had the exact voice and manerisms of Ned Flanders from The Simpsons and every time he would talk we both couldn't handle it, we tried to hold in the laughter which resulted in really bad shakes. I felt so bad but I couldn't stop, it was awful...
    And the weirdest thing I did I can remember was when I was young (I must have been pretty young too because I don't recall knowing I was doing something wrong), I had on those piggy tail holders that are multicolored- yellow, red, blue, orange- you get the picture. They were made of cotton (almost like cotton ball material) we were at an assembly. I remember being really bored and discovering that I could pull little pieces off and blow them through the air. The guy in front of me had a really big afro and they would land in his hair almost every time. My mom noticed once his entire head was covered in multi colored cotton fluffs. Then she caused this huge scene as she pulled them from his hair in the middle of the talk. The poor guy, it was an awkward moment for sure.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

One of the most embarrassomg things that happened to me was when I was in the restroom and a sister a few years older than me dropped her purse as she was trying to place it on the counter top, then it fell to the floor. Several things that dropped out of her purse was makeup and then a box of crayola crayons. I bent over to help her pick the items up, as I lifted the crayon box the flap opened up and it was full of not crayons but ciggy's. Our eyes locked on each other and without skipping a beat she said oh Terry they belong to one of the girls at school and I am hanging onto them for here.She knew my father was on the committee, you know the arrangement prior to the elder movement or arrangement. She begged me not to tell a soul. She was so embarrassed by this that I knew something was amiss.

When we got home from the meeting I spoke to my father in private. I gave him a senerio, you know , What if....,,,so after this conversation with my father he said to me so who are you talking about . I was silent and said nothing . Then my father told me if I knew of an instance where something like this happened it is your christian obligation to report such a matter to the overseer or assistant PO or him. I hemmed and hawed and wish I had said nothing. Well it was like pulling teeth but he finally made me feel like I was the wrong doer that if I didn't tell him what I knew that serious consquences would arise.

Oh how I wished I never had openned my mouth. Apparently she was on put on probation as it was called in those earlier years. The father who was on the committee thanked me so much. Of course I felt like a real rat. (sorry JH)... This sister wouldn't talk to me for many many yearss. Then on day she approcached me at an assembly and she said that she was grateful that I was courageous enough to tell on her, as it helped her to put her life back on the spiritual pathway.I was flabbergast to say the least. But it made me feel better. She eventually married a great guy from up north and had a child and she said that she would be grateful to any person who would tell if her own child had done something wrong..Still I felt llike shit. but hey I always liked that sister and was glad that even though it took her years to tell me her feelings It gave me a good feeling. Too bad this bad orangefatcat didn't have someone to tell on me I may not have committed the sin I did/It 's all water under the bridge now. Thank goodness for that. .

ORANGEFAT CAT

• new boy
    new boy

There are so many.

But the worst would be spring of 1973........some friends drove me 3 hours from brooklyn bethel to the Natick assembly hall. They droped me off and left.......I meet my soon to be wife in the entry and told her I had to use the bathroom REALLY bad.....................sprinted to the mens room.

Drop my draws and looked down...............Oh My God...some kid had peed all over the floor about 1/2 deep. My suit pants were soaked!.........It took about 45 mins to try and dry them off using the hot air hand dryer............I came out of the bathroom with the strangest look......She asked "what is wrong?" I said "I tell you later"....................In the middle of the talk, she said " WHAT IS THAT STRANGE SMELL"?

Wakefield R.I 1975........We are at a book study......Heard this strange noice......Look over at this 12 year girl with a strange look on her face.............there was a puddle on the floor pee running down her leg.

• tan
    tan

Back in the day when Jheri curls were popular. My sister, another sister in the congregation and myself kept passing notes back and forth about the jheri curl...well unknowingly to us a brother was peeking over our shoulders reading the note. After the meeting he took my sister, the other sister and me to our parents and told them that we spent the whole meeting talking about a guy named Jerri. He was so embarrased when we explained it to him. It was so funny. I remember his stupid ass expression to this day.

• Gregor
    Gregor

My best pal, Wayne, and I were about 14. We were sitting in front of my parents during the Sunday talk so we had to really be cool. We looked up a Bible reference as we were told by the speaker and the word "prostitute" cane up. I don't know who started it, we began to write on the margins of a tiny public talk invitation (remember those?) all the words we knew that meant prostitute. I wrote "Whore", Wayne passes it back and he has written "Strumpet". I write "Catamite" and on it went until dads hand snaked between us and snatched the paper. Oh Boy! My ears were so red I just knew they must be visibly pulsating. Dad made me wait until we got home from the meeting. He held the little scrap of paper up, gave me that look "you filthy little bastard" and told me I could not set with Wayne during the meetings.

• danfromma
    danfromma

This is it? Come on, nobody ever got caught making out or got caught drinking.............anyone?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit