Update #2

by Bstndance 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

So my mom called as promised today. She really didn't have much to say besides she stands by what she has to say in her letter. (I can no longer stay over night at her place when I fly out there, I am limited in the things I can talk to her about) I told her that it really isn't in my own best financial interest to visit anymore as I not only have to pay for a ticket and rental car, but now I have to worry about staying in a hotel. She told me I could stay at my brother's place. True but I really don't want to visit for the time being.

Here's where I took the high road: I told her that I know that the reason why she preaches to me against my wishes is because she loves me and she honestly believes in the WTS crap and so she feels she needs to do this in order to save my life; but, since I do know where she's coming from and I still do not believe it, she needs to step off because I don't believe that. I also stated that I do not agree with the WTS and feel that she is going down the wrong path and as much as I love her, I respect her wishes and do not try to pull her out. It probably kills me not to do anything as much as it kills her. Of course I'm sure she doesn't buy my side as much but we did come to that understanding.

A couple JW-ism things: She brought up that Jehovah directed her to find out that I was posting on apostate websites. I laughed at it and said she found out because she ran into my little brother's myspace page which was linked to mine. She stated that I could be disfellowshipped for that. I explained that the last time I checked, I could associate with anyone I want to because I am not a Jehovah's Witness and therefore whatever crazy rules there are do not apply to me. I also stated that I have been associating with "apostates" for many years and have never once tried to "preach" to her.

The second JW thing: I mentioned to her that I was concerned as she was getting older and self employed and my step-father was nearing retirement age, that they really don't have their ducks in a row. I stated they need to do something about it NOW. I said ",Armegeddon (sp?) could be around the corner. It could be tomorrow, but it could thirty years from now and I don't want to see them filing for bankruptcy" She acknowledged that and then said that she firmly believes it's coming in her lifetime. She must be CT Russell reincarnated. HAHA!

So that's it. Sorta status quo. The dynamic of our relationship has certainly changed. I think I'm done visiting out there for awhile. I think I'll take 2007 off and use my FF miles to go somewhere fun.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    I can no longer stay over night at her place when I fly out there, I am limited in the things I can talk to her about)

Unbelievable, where is the love? Where is the natural affection? If this is the treatment now, what will it be when you do get DF'd? Sorry to hear your situation, wish for the best but be realistic.

abr

• BrentR
    BrentR

Wait until you have kids. Alot of JW parents play that game until they become grandparents and then everything changes. They can some how rationalize associating with you so they can see thier grand kids. The Borg has very little influence on our inate biology. That doesn't mean using our kids as communication tools but they sometimes allow our parents to be able to see the trees from the forest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit