Fruit vs Blood

by moomanchu 7 Replies latest watchtower medical

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I used this line of reasonong with my JW mom with limited sucess. It goes like this:

The scriptures:

Genesis 3:3 You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden , and you must not touch it, or you will die.

Genesis 9:4 But you must not eat meat that has its lifeblood still in it .

Me "Jehovah says you must not eat blood, period. JW's say if you fraction it you can have it."

To which mom says "thats right thats right".

I then say "If only Eve would have peeled that skin off the fruit or, if she had a juicer she could have just drank the juice. If only she would have just fractioned that fruit then she could have had it and we wouldn't be in this mess."

Mom "but but they weren't to touch it either". Me " they could have fashioned some fig gloves or got a stick and knocked it off and then smashed it on the ground". Heck once they got that Knowledge juice in them it would have been no time before they woud have made an automatic picking machine and fractionator for fruit.

Mom doesn't like how this is going then it's on to the next subject.

I think I saw the JW froze brain engine turn over one time though.

• bubble
    bubble

Good argument but no surprise that it didn't get you anywhere.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Excellent argument, dude!

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

When discussing blood with JW's I found this line of argument produces some brain activity:

Take the hard line, argue that absolutely no blood what so ever should enter our bodies.

Make them defend the WT stance that Jehovah does allow fractioned blood.

Tell them you don't want to be part of an organization that doesn't follow what Jehovah requires.

If it accomplishes nothing at all it's sort of fun to turn the tables on them.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Excellent argument, I hope you do not mind if I use it.

The use of blood fractions completely contradicts the Watch Tower stand on blood. The only concern I have is that when JWs realise it does not make sense they may choose to go one of two ways:

• Accept WTS does not know what it is talking about and realise Blood Transfusions are acceptable
    • Become hardline and reject blood fractions as wrong
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Does that mean you can`t have a "Fruit Transfussion" either?...OUTLAW

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Excellent argument, I hope you do not mind if I use it.

Please do, btw I think your site has excellent info on blood.

• Accept WTS does not know what it is talking about and realise Blood Transfusions are acceptable
    • Become hardline and reject blood fractions as wrong

I hope they choose option #1.

• ErEf
    ErEf

they also could have ran to the fruit of the tree of live.. than ran to the tree of knowledge.. take a bite of both and we would all be happy, wouldn't we?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit