The 2014 Yeartext will be...

by yaddayadda 4 Replies latest jw friends

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

...Habakkuk 2:3 - "For the vision is yet for the appointed time, and it keeps panting on to the end, and it will not tell a lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late."

My die-hard JW mother just loves this scripture. She admits that the 'end' should have come by now and that this might mean the 1914 teaching is flawed, but she rationalises her doubts away by viewing this scripture with some kind of prophetic significance in relation to the organization, believing that JW's are now in some kind of 'delay' period.

I've heard other JW's, including speakers on the platform, use this scripture to try and allay growing concerns about how long this system is dragging on.

My prediction is that there will be an increasing emphasis on this scripture by the WTS until eventually it will be announced as being literally fulfilled right now (if it hasn't already).

Can anyone tell me if the Society appear to be highlighting this notion in the last few years. I only have the Watchtower CD-rom up to 1999. Here's the best quotes I could find from 1999 Watchtowers:

*** w99 1/1 17 "Make Your Hearts Firm" ***
    7 Abraham’s example reminds us that faith should not be just for a short term. Paul linked faith to endurance when he wrote: “You have need of endurance, in order that, after you have done the will of God, you may receive the fulfillment of the promise. . . . We are not the sort that shrink back to destruction, but the sort that have faith to the preserving alive of the soul.” (Hebrews 10:36-39) Many have waited a long time for the fulfillment of the promise. Some have waited a whole lifetime. Their strong faith has sustained them. And, like Abraham, they will receive the reward in Jehovah’s due time.—Habakkuk 2:3.

*** w99 10/1 5 "For Everything There Is an Appointed Time" ***
    3 For example, mature Christians loyally wait for Jehovah’s appointed time for certain Bible prophecies to be fulfilled. They stay busy in his service, all the while keeping clearly in mind the principle of Lamentations 3:26: “Good it is that one should wait, even silently, for the salvation of Jehovah.” (Compare Habakkuk 3:16.) At the same time, they are convinced that Jehovah’s announced execution of judgment, “even if it should delay, . . . will without fail come true. It will not be late.”—Habakkuk 2:3.

*** w99 10/1 21 You Can Endure to the End ***
    Moreover, the end may at times seem farther away than we expected, particularly if we entered the race decades ago. Yet, God’s Word assures us that the end will come. Jehovah says it will not be late. The end is in sight.—Habakkuk 2:3; 2 Peter 3:9, 10.

*** w99 12/15 21 Let Us Be the Sort That Have Faith ***
    8 Habakkuk did not know how close the destruction of Jerusalem was. Similarly, the first-century Christians did not know when the Jewish system of things would end. Nor do we today know the “day and hour” when Jehovah’s judgment will come against this wicked system. (Matthew 24:36) Let us note, then, Jehovah’s twofold answer to Habakkuk. First, he assured the prophet that the end would come right on time. “It will not be late,” God said, even though from a human standpoint, it might appear to delay. (Habakkuk 2:3) Second, Jehovah reminded Habakkuk: “As for the righteous one, by his faithfulness he will keep living.” (Habakkuk 2:4) What beautiful, simple truths! What matters most is, not when the end comes, but whether we continue to live a life of faith.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

yadda yadda yadda

• Honesty
    Honesty

SOBS

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Probably the same as the 1974 one:

Hab. 3:17-18

17 Although [the] fig tree itself may not blossom, and there may be no yield on the vines; the work of [the] olive tree may actually turn out a failure, and the terraces themselves may actually produce no food; [the] flock may actually be severed from [the] pen, and there may be no herd in the enclosures;

18 Yet, as for me, I will exult in Jehovah himself; I will be joyful in the God of my salvation.

tsof

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

And the District Assembly theme will be:

BEWARE OF PRESUMPTIOUSLY PUSHING AHEAD.

The Keynote Address (manuscript) will begin:

Many have mistakenly pushed ahead and taken the gentle promptings of The Faithful and Discreet Slave, as a reason to live as if Armageddon is about to happen in the coming months. NEVER has the Slave said such a thing, and what a mistake it would be to fall into such a snare of the Devil.

It will end. . .

So be ASSURED brothers, now is NOT a time for slacking. Jehovah will speed things along in His own due time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit